Easy white chocolate truffles recipe, made with simple ingredients. These rich and creamy homemade truffles can be modified with many flavors and toppings.
There’s just something DECADENT about white chocolate truffles.
They are smooth and creamy and so rich.
By the way, did you know that white chocolate can’t truly be called chocolate?
That's because the chocolate solids have been removed from the product... I found this to be an interesting fact but like everyone else, I still call it white chocolate.
This white chocolate truffles recipe is:
- Quick and easy to make
- Requires simple ingredients, already in your pantry
- Easy to modify into a variety of different flavors
- Perfect as a homemade gift, especially during the holiday season
You can FLAVOR these truffles with:
- Crushed cookies
- Dried fruit
Here are some flavor variations you an try with these white chocolate truffles:
- Roll the truffle in crushed peppermints for white chocolate candy cane truffles.
- Add a few drops of oil-based food coloring to the mixture and make different colors of truffles, based on the season. For example, use red color for Valentine’s Day.
- Add lemon extract and some lemon zest to make lemon white chocolate truffles.
- Roll truffles in chopped dried fruit or chopped nuts to give it a chewy and crunchy texture.
- Stir in some chopped pistachios and cranberries into the mixture to make white chocolate truffles with cranberry and pistachio.
- Stir in some desiccated coconut (about ¼ cup) into the mixture to make coconut white chocolate truffles.
- Add a few tablespoons of freeze dried raspberries (raspberry powder) in the mixture to make raspberry white chocolate truffles.
- For a healthier version, use coconut milk instead of heavy cream/condensed milk.
- Stir a bit of funfetti cake mix (about a ¼ cup) into the mixture and then roll the balls in sprinkles to make Funfetti truffles.
- Add some Irish cream liquor to make Baileys white chocolate truffles.
- For a subtle tangy flavor and to cut the sweetness, some people make white chocolate truffles with cream cheese but I didn't really like it.
- Stir in additional heavy cream to thin out the mixture and use it as white chocolate truffles ganache for drizzling on cakes and cupcakes.
Here are some TIPS for making homemade white chocolate truffles:
- Use disposable GLOVES when rolling truffles. This will help prevent the heat of your hands from melting the truffles.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to portion out EVEN-SIZED truffles.
- If the weather is hot, work in small batches and keep the rest of the mixture in the fridge while you roll the other truffles.
- Create an ASSEMBLY line to make it easier to roll your white chocolate truffle balls in different toppings.
- Please note that white chocolate truffles, made with condensed milk are much SWEETER than those made with heavy cream.
- You must CHILL the mixture in the fridge until it becomes firm or else it will be very difficult to roll into balls.
- The number of truffles you get from this recipe will depend on how big or small you like your truffles.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to make a bigger batch of homemade truffles.
What are white chocolate truffles?
White chocolate truffles are bite-sized candies that are made with white chocolate and some dairy. The center of truffles have a smooth texture when you bite into them. They can be coated in chocolate or a variety of other toppings.
How to make white chocolate truffles?
White chocolate truffles are made by melting together white chocolate chips with heavy cream/ condensed milk in the microwave. The mixture is refrigerated and then rolled into balls before being dipped in melted chocolate or rolled in toppings.
How do you make Oreo truffles?
Oreo white chocolate truffles are made by crushing Golden Oreos and mix with enough frosting to hold the Oreos together. Refrigerate and then roll into balls. Refrigerate again before dipping in white chocolate.
How do you make chocolate truffles?
A pure chocolate version of these truffles can be made by simply switching the white chocolate chips for milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate.
Do you cook truffles?
No. This white chocolate truffles (no bake recipe) does not require any cooking other than melting the ingredients in the microwave.
How long do white chocolate truffles keep or last? How to store white chocolate truffles?
White chocolate truffles can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Can you freeze white chocolate truffles?
Yes. Make sure to seal them properly in freezer bags and thaw your truffles in the refrigerator to prevent condensation from forming. If the temperature of the chocolate changes too quickly, the chocolate will bloom. This means that the color of the chocolate will change and spots may appear. The chocolate is still safe to eat, but not as pleasant. Personally, I NEVER freeze them because fresh truffles taste and look so much better.
What to roll white chocolate truffles in?
White chocolate truffles can be rolled in chopped nuts, crushed cookies, chopped candies, shredded coconut, dried fruit, sprinkles, cocoa powder, powdered sugar or even granulated sugar.
How to thicken white chocolate truffles?
If your truffle mixture is too runny, you can add more white chocolate and reheat the mixture and then mix again.
Well, that's all for today.
If you liked this recipe, you may like some of these other candy recipes too:
White Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- 2 cups White chocolate chips
- ¼ cup Heavy cream or Condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 cups White chocolate Melted
- 1 cup Toppings Chopped nuts, candies, sprinkles, powdered sugar, shredded coconut e.t.c
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add white chocolate, cream or condensed milk, vanilla extract.
- Heat in the microwave at 30 second increments and mix at each interval to prevent chocolate from burning.
- Cover bowl with saran wrap and chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours or until mixture is firm enough to handle.
- Scoop out small portions of the mixture and shape into balls.
- Dip in melted white chocolate and toss some toppings before the chocolate sets (I did not use any toppings this time).
- Place on a cookie tray lined with wax paper and let the chocolate set.
- When the chocolate sets, you can drizzle some more melted white chocolate on top of each truffle. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!