Use this step by step cookie decorating tutorial to make easy tulip cookies. Only basic cutters and fondant needed! Perfect for Spring and Summer parties!
Seeing all the beautiful tulips blooming everywhere inspired me to make tulip cookies and many other flower cookies.
I keep telling my husband that whenever we buy our own little house, I am growing tulips… LOTS of tulips in every color possible!
I used my favorite orange sugar cookies and marshmallow fondant for these decorated tulip cookies but if you are good at piping, you can use royal icing too.
At first, I had a little problem because I realized I DON’T own a tulip cookie cutter and y’all know I am a little CHEAP…right? lol. There was NO way I was going out to buy a fancy cutter which I will RARELY use. Instead, I used basic cutters that I already own (and you probably own as well) to make these tulip sugar cookies.
If you have the proper cutter, you can follow the same inspiration and tutorial to make tulip cut out cookies.
Other Decorated Cookies:
What supplies are needed for easy tulip cookies?
How to make tulip cookies?
- Roll out yellow fondant and use a circle cutter to cut out a circular piece.
- Brush corn syrup on top of your cookie and stick the yellow fondant piece here.
- Roll out pink/red fondant and use a heart cutter to cut out some pieces.
- Cut each heart piece in half.
- Use your fingers to smooth out the edges and make them rounder. Now, you have lots of petals.
- Stick three of these petals in a cluster, using very little water or corn syrup.
- Use a toothpick to make small indentations on each petal.
- Roll out a thin green fondant rope and stick that below the tulip petals.This will be the stem. Cut off excess green fondant near the base of the cookie.
- Now, roll out this odd “cone-like” shape out of green fondant.
- Flatten it with your fingers and you will end up with a long leaf.
- Use a toothpick to make an indentation in the center of the leaf.
- Stick the leaves on your cookie, using corn syrup. Use your fingers to slightly bend the leaves on the sides to make them look more natural and you are done!
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!