How To Make Pikachu Donuts
Learn how to make easy Pikachu donuts (doughnuts) with these instructions. All you need is melted chocolate to make these cute Pokemon donuts for parties.
It doesn’t seem like this Pokemon craze is about to die down, which is why I made these ADORABLE Pikachu donuts.
Apparently, there are even some bakeries that are selling Pokemon doughnuts for a limited time.
By the way, I tried playing the game but I am positive I missed out on the “gamer” gene coz I suck at it…hahaha.
Here are some TIPS for making easy Pikachu donuts:
- Make sure to have some extra donuts on hand because it takes a bit of practice to get the Pikachus looking perfect.
- Remember to make extra ears since they are so fragile and break easily.
- Use store bought donuts or homemade donuts for this project. Just make sure they are plain and not glazed.
- You can use different SIZES of doughnuts and even different TYPES of doughnuts (e.g. jelly-filled or regular donuts with a hole).
- You can use thick colored glaze or even thick ganache to draw all the details but honestly, using melted chocolate is so much EASIER!
These Pokemon doughnuts are great for:
- Pokemon Go parties
- Nerdy video gaming birthday parties
- Fun school lunches or snack
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked this post, you may like some of these other donut (doughnut) recipes too…
Pokemon Donuts (Pikachu Donuts)
- 10 Donuts, Unglazed
- 2 cups Yellow chocolate, Melted
- ½ cup Red chocolate, Melted
- ½ cup Black chocolate, Melted
- Melt yellow chocolate in a large bowl. Dip a donut face down into the bowl of melted yellow chocolate. Place it on a sheet of wax paper and let the chocolate set.
- Fill a piping bag with melted black chocolate and draw Pikacu's eyes, nose and mouth.
- Fill a piping bag with melted red chocolate and draw two cheeks.
- Now, make Pikachu's ears...Fill a piping bag with yellow chocolate and draw two "leaf-like" shapes on a sheet of wax paper (they should both be about the same size). Let the chocolate set. Then, fill a piping bag with melted black chocolate and draw the black tips on these yellow ears. Let the chocolate set again.
- Use a knife to make two cuts along the top sides of the donut.
- Remove the yellow ears from the wax paper and push them into those cuts and enjoy!
Until next time, tata my lovelies!