How to Make Pavlova
Learn how to make pavlova using these tips and tricks from a pro! Your pavlova will always be light and airy with crispy tops.
It’s time for another “Tip of the month” and today, we will learn how to make pavlova!
This tip comes from Gill who is a brilliant cake decorator in London. She makes GORGEOUS cakes and runs her business, Jillybean Cake Couture.
Along with making impressive cakes, she is also very SKILLED at making MERINGUES and today she shows us how to make pavlova- light and airy meringues, which seem so difficult to make but they really don’t have to be difficult anymore.
“Meringue is one of those recipes many people have real difficulty making. But if you know how to make one, it becomes easy peasy. My tip when making any pavlova recipe is to let it dry out properly after you have baked it.”
She suggests the following…
“Try baking it at night and then once cooked, turn off the oven but leave the meringue in there overnight. In the morning take it out, whip up some double cream and add to the top and decorate with fresh fruit.”
Since Gill is a sweetheart, she also shared her meringue recipe…
Well, what are you folks waiting for?!
Give this a recipe a “go” now that you know how to make pavlova!
- 3 Egg whites Large
- 6 oz Granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- In a clean bowl whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks and the bowl can be held upside down without them falling out.
- Slowly add the sugar, whisking throughout.
- Once glossy and thick, turn out half on a greaseproof paper and make a circle of approx. 7-8 inches, using a metal spoon.
- Next spoon or pipe 6-8 round blobs around the edge of the circle so that they join up once cooked, creating sides.
- Place in the oven and immediately turn oven down to 140°C.
- Bake for 1hr 15 minutes.
Well, that’s all for today.
You may also like this tutorial/recipe on how to make nougat.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!