Easy Christmas Tree Cupcakes
Learn how to make quick and easy Christmas tree cupcakes recipe with simple ingredients. Decorated with buttercream frosting and sprinkles and fun for kids!
If you are in a time crunch and need an easy Christmas cupcake idea, then make these EASY Christmas tree cupcakes. They are just as simple as these Easy Poinsettia Cupcakes and these Easy Reindeer Cupcakes and obviously these Easy Snowman Cupcakes.
There’s no need for fondant or fancy cutters. These cupcakes are decorated with just green and yellow frostings and sprinkles. The instructions are so simple that even kids can make them on Christmas Eve.
How to make Christmas tree cupcakes?
- Bake cupcakes and prepare frosting.
- Use Tip 104 to make yellow ruffles around the edges of the cupcakes.
- Use Tip 1M to make a tall swirl of green frosting in the center.
- Toss sprinkles, stick a jumbo star on top and you are done.
Tips for best Christmas cupcakes
- Make sure cupcakes cool down fully before you start frosting so that the icing does not melt.
- Store-bought frosting and cake boxes can easily be used instead of baking from scratch.
- If you can’t find any jumbo star sprinkles, just cut out a small star shaped fondant piece and spray it with edible gold or silver spray paint.
- They can easily be made a day in advance, before a party.
Christmas tree cupcakes with ice cream cone/ sugar cone Christmas tree cupcakes
If you are not fond of piping, you can decorate a cone with melted chocolate, icing, candies and sprinkles and push that on top of the cake to look like a tree.
Christmas tree cupcakes cake/ Pull apart cupcakes
This is another fun way to enjoy holiday cupcakes. Arrange cupcakes in a triangle tree pattern and use Tip 1M to decorate the whole arrangement with frosting. Toss some sprinkles and stick a fondant star on top.
Mini Christmas tree cupcakes
Use mini cupcakes rather than regular sized cupcakes and smaller decorating tips with the same design.
Other easy Christmas desserts
Easy Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- 24 Chocolate cherry cupcakes
- 4 cups Green American buttercream frosting
- 1 cup Yellow American Buttercream frosting
- 2 tbsp Sprinkles, Rainbow color
- 24 Jumbo star sprinkles, Or use a small star shaped fondant cut-out
- Prepare your cupcakes and frostings.
- Fill a piping bag with yellow frosting and attach Tip #104.
- Hold the bag at a 45 degree angle along the edge of the cupcake and squeeze the bag, while moving your hand up and down until you have a row of yellow ruffles.
- Fill another piping bag with green frosting and attach Tip # 1M.
- Hold the bag at a 90 degree angle in the center of the cupcake and make a tall swirl.
- Toss some sprinkles on top of your cupcake and place a jumbo star sprinkle on the top. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!
These would be great to make for any kiddos holiday party!
These are so cute! I love them for Christmas! Change up what Santa gets for sure!
these will look great on any holiday table! i’m so jealous of your perfect piping! 😀