Crispy Fried Green Beans
Quick and easy crispy fried green beans recipe made with simple ingredients. Great as an appetizer or side and can be made with fresh or frozen green beans.
These CRISPY fried green beans are currently my son’s favorite snack.
I have tried getting him to eat pan fried green beans, stir fry green beans and even sauteed green beans.
He didn’t like any of them but LOVES these crispy green bean fries.
I have modified my Mom’s recipe slightly.
She DIDN’T blanch the beans but I do that since I think it makes the texture better.
These fried green beans are:
- Crispy and golden brown
- Made without beer
- Made without cornmeal
- Packed with flavor
- Easy to make
Here are some TIPS for making crispy green beans:
- DON’T over-blanch the beans! The proper method is to cook the fresh green beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. then, quickly drain the water and run the beans through cold water to stop them from continuing to cook.
- ADJUST the amount of spices and seasonings, according to your preference.
- Seasoned breadcrumbs really take these green bean fries over the top BUT panko breadcrumbs can also be used.
- To make oven fried green beans, also known as roasted green beans, skip the flour mixture. Just dip them in the egg mixture and then coat them in the breadcrumb mixture. Place them on a cookie tray, sprayed generously with oil and bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Use the broiler setting near the end, if you like.
- Make sure oil is HOT before you start frying.
- I fried these beans on the stovetop but you can use a deep fryer and make deep fried green beans.
Fried green beans vs french fries?
Green beans are coated in breadcrumbs and spices and then fried BUT french fries are traditionally not coated at all.
How to reheat fried green beans?
This is not recommended at all since freshly fried green beans are crisp and reheating them doesn’t really bring back the crispiness.
What to dip fried green beans in?
They are best served best with ranch dressing or horseradish dipping sauce.
How to cook green beans?
There are different ways to cook them. You can: saute them, fry them, steam them, blanch them. Enjoy them in salads, casseroles and Chinese stir fry recipes.
How do you make crispy green beans? How do you fry fresh green beans?
Start off by blanching fresh green beans. Then, coat them in a flour and spice mixture. Next, roll them in whisked eggs. Finally, coat them in breadcrumb and parmesan mixture. Fry in hot oil until golden brown. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!
Can you fry frozen green beans?
Yes, you can but fresh is recommended since it tastes better and is crispier.
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked these fried green beans (no batter), you may like some of these appetizers or sides too:
Crispy Fried Green Beans
- 1 1/2 lb Green beans, Fresh
- 1 cup All-Purpose flour
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- Salt , To taste
- 2 Eggs, Large
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream, Or whole milk Or buttermilk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs, Or seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Oil, For frying
- Snap the ends of the green beans and blanch them by adding them to salted boiling water and boiling for only 2 minutes.
- Drain the water and run the beans through cold water and place them on a tray lined with paper towels.
- In a wide bowl, whisk together the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper and salt. Keep aside.
- In another wide bowl, whisk the eggs and milk and keep aside.
- In another wide bowl, whisk together breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. Keep aside.
- Now, coat the green beans in flour mixture first, then in eggs and then in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Fry them in hot oil until they are golden brown.
- Then, use a sieved spoon to remove the fried green beans and place them on a tray, lined with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- These beans taste best when served fresh and I don't suggest refrigerating ant leftovers since they will become limp and soft.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!