Puff Pastry Pizza Tarts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This quick and easy puff pastry pizza tart recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s a simple appetizer with lots of cheese, vegetables and pepperoni!
*Thank you Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry for sponsoring today’s post so that I could share this delicious puff pastry pizza tart recipe with all of you.*
These mini puff pastry pizza tarts are the EASIEST appetizer you will ever make!
They are made with STORE BOUGHT ingredients like puff pastry, cheese, pizza sauce, vegetables and meats of your choice.
My family and friends LOVE them.
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
I have served them at brunch and dinner parties for ages and never have any leftovers…hehe.
They have a flaky and crispy crust and are super cheesy!
Now, I like to make individual puff pastry mini pizzas since they are easier to eat and the presentation is so lovely.
However, you can make one LARGE pizza tart and slice it, if you like.
It’s my turn to host the family Easter brunch this year and I am very excited since I am planning a “Make your own puff pastry pizza bites” party.
I will set up a table with all the ingredients for toppings and everyone can get as creative as they like.
Don’t you think it will be so much FUN? I can’t wait!
You can get super creative with flavors but here are my top 4 puff pastry pizza FLAVORS:
- Four cheese pizza- Composed of pizza sauce and Mexican cheese blend
- Sweet and spicy pizza- Made up of tomato sauce, pineapples, crushed red chilli flakes and mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni pizza- Includes tomato sauce, mini pepperoni slices and mozzarella cheese
- Vegetable pizza- Composed of pizza sauce, olives, thinly sliced onions and green peppers and mozzarella cheese
Here are some TIPS for this puff pastry pizza recipe:
- Use pre-made quality puff pastry such as Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry. It’ so much easier and faster!
- Make sure to use good quality toppings to truly enhance the flavor of this puff pastry mini pizza.
- You can toss ADDITIONAL cheese on top of the mini puff pizza tarts about 1 minute before taking them out of the oven. This will make them even more cheesy.
- If you are using pineapples, olives, jalapeños or even frozen spinach, make sure to place them on a tray lined with lots of paper towels so as to ABSORB all the excess liquid.
- These appetizer puffs taste best when served FRESH but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 1 day.
I have also made VIDEO for this recipe for pizza puff pastry so that you can just follow along.
Here are some MODIFICATIONS you can try with this easy puff pastry appetizer:
- To make puff pastry pinwheels or puff pastry pizza rolls, unroll the puff pastry dough, spread pizza sauce and toss all the toppings you like. Then, start rolling the puff pastry from one end to the other into a log. Slice 1 inch circles and place them on a baking tray and bake until golden brown.
- To make puff pastry pizza pockets, unroll the dough and cut small square or circle pieces. Spread sauce and toppings on one piece. Then, place another piece on top of the toppings. Press the edges until the pocket is secure. Place it on a baking tray and bake until golden brown.
How to make puff pastry pizza?
The process is very SIMPLE. Start off by thawing the puff pastry dough. Then, unroll it and cut it into small square pieces. Spread pizza sauce and toss your favorite toppings and lots of mozzarella cheese. Place them on a baking tray and bake until golden brown.
If you liked these simple puff pastry pizza tarts, you may like some of these other appetizer recipes too:
Puff Pastry Pizza
- 1 Package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry
- 1 cup Pizza sauce
- ¼ cup Mini pepperoni slices
- ¼ cup Thinly sliced onions
- ¼ Thinly sliced green peppers
- ¼ Small pineapple chunks
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tbsp Crushed red chili flakes
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top
Unroll the roll of puff pastry dough and use a pizza cutter to cut out 12 square pieces.
Spread pizza sauce on each piece.
For the classic cheese version, toss Mexican cheese blend on top of the sauce.
For the sweet and spicy version, toss some pineapple chunks, red chilli flakes and mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce.
For the vegetable version, toss some green peppers, onions, olives and mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
For the pepperoni version, toss some mini pepperoni slices and mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
Place the pizza tarts on a baking tray, lined with parchment paper or sprayed with oil.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 1 day.
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!