Jalapeno Chicken Puffs (Easy Snack or Appetizer)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy jalapeno chicken puffs recipe requires simple ingredients. Great as an appetizer or snack. They are packed with spicy chicken and cheese filling.
*This post for jalapeno chicken puffs includes Amazon affiliate links of products that I use all the time and highly recommend. I may receive a small commission if you click on a link and make a purchase.*
If you guys are looking for a QUICK and EASY appetizer, try out this cheesy jalapeno chicken puffs recipe!
They are packed with chicken, jalapenos and cheddar cheese.
There is so much FLAVOR packed in each little chicken puff!
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
I will be serving these SPICY chicken puffs on New Year’s eve but I have served them at numerous dinner parties before.
They are always a HIT and guests always ask for the recipe.
These easy jalapeno chicken puffs are great to:
- Serve as an appetizer
- Enjoy as a savory snack (especially as an after-school snack)
- Pack in school lunches (omit the jalapenos and adjust the spices, based on your kids preferences)
Here are some TIPS for making perfect jalapeno chicken puffs:
- You can make chicken puffs with puff pastry dough OR chicken puffs with crescent rolls dough. I prefer puff pastry dough since it’s more flaky and crispy.
- You can enjoy these puffs as is OR serve them with your favorite sauce or dip. My son likes to dip them in ketchup.
- Try to cut even square pieces of the dough so that all your puffs are equal in size.
- The spice in these puffs can easily be adjusted to suit your tastebuds. You will have to reduce the quantities of chili powder, paprika and jalapenos.
- You may have some leftover chicken filling that you can use to make additional puffs OR use them in sandwiches and salads.
- Recipe can also be doubled or tripled easily.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- If you can not find Puff Pastry Dough at your local grocery store you can also find them in bulk here.
- By the way, if you have extra puff pastry dough, you can make these easy strawberry strudels.
What are chicken puffs?
They are basically an appetizer or snack in which a flaky pastry is filled with a cooked chicken mixture, cheese and/or a medley of vegetables
How to make chicken puffs at home? How to make chicken puff pastry?
They are really easy to make. You start off by cooking the boneless chicken mixture and then filling it in the pastry dough and baking the puffs until they are golden brown.
How to make chicken puffs from scratch?
My recipe for the chicken filling in these puffs is made from scratch but I use store-bought puff pastry dough since it’s easier and a time-saver!
Jalapeno Chicken Puffs
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- ¼ tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 pound Boneless chicken cubes
- ½ tsp Chili powder
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- Salt And pepper to taste
- ½ cup Water
- 1 Jalapeno Finely chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese Shredded
- 1 package Puff pastry dough
- Heat oil in a pan and add the ginger and garlic paste and saute until golden brown.
- Add the chicken cubes, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper and mix until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Add water and cover the lid and cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the lid and let the chicken cook on medium heat for another 5 minutes, until the the water evaporates.
- Turn off the heat and use a fork to shred the chicken.
- Add the jalapenos and mix everything together.
- Now, spread out the puff pastry dough and cut out 20 square pieces (Dimensions: 3x3).
- Spoon a little bit of the spicy chicken mixture in the center of one square piece. Toss some cheddar cheese. Place another square piece on top and press the edges until the two pieces stick together and you will end up with a square pocket.
- Place these puffs on a baking tray and bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until they golden brown and firm along the edges. Enjoy!
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!