Cake Mix Brownies
This easy chewy and fudgy cake mix brownies recipe requires simple ingredients. It tastes homemade and is a quick dessert or quick snack for parties.
Sweet and salty desserts are one of my many WEAKNESSES and these pretzel cake mix brownies hit the right mark when the cravings hit me in full force yesterday.
Imagine eating a slice of insanely FUDGY brownies, topped off with RICH chocolate ganache and salted pretzel bits.
When I am short on time or if I don’t have all the ingredients for my fudgy brownies with crackly tops recipe, I make these brownies from Devil’s food cake mix.
This is a QUICK dessert and people can ever tell they are not homemade.
Here are some TIPS for making simple cake mix brownies:
- I used Devil’s Food cake mix because it gives the best intense chocolate flavor but you can also use chocolate cake mix to make brownies.
- You can use any brand of cake mix you like.
- DON’T replace butter with oil because butter is needed for that fudgy brownie texture.
- Use whole milk since it has higher fat content.
- This recipe can easily be DOUBLED if you want to make a bigger batch. The pictures in this post show a bigger batch coz I wanted a “taller, thicker” brownie.
- Pretzels are entirely OPTIONAL but if you add them, make sure to add them just prior to serving or else they will become soggy. You have to press them a but into the ganache.
- DON’T over-bake brownies or else they will become dry! I prefer my brownies under-baked because they are so fudgy this way.
- You can replace ganache with your favorite chocolate buttercream frosting too.
Here are some FLAVOR variations you can try for these quick brownies:
- Use different flavored box cake mixes to make red velvet cake mix brownies, lemon cake mix brownies, yellow cake mix brownies.
- Stir in your favorite chopped candy bars and make cake mix candy bar brownies.
- Stir in chopped Oreos into the batter to make cake mix Oreo brownies.
- Stir in some chopped salted nuts to make walnut brownies or pecan brownies.
- Drizzle salted caramel sauce on top of the brownies to make caramel brownies.
How to make brownies from cake mix?
Mix together the cake mix powder, egg, butter and milk until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread batter in a greased pan and bake. Then, pour ganache and chill until it sets. Cut slices and enjoy.
How do you make cake like brownies?
To do, this you need to make the batter more fluffy by adding 1 extra egg and replacing butter with oil.
Can you combine cake mix and brownie mix?
Yes, you can do that but the texture of the final recipe would be a cross between a cake and a brownie.
Can you use cake mix to make brownies?
Yes, you can do this by following the recipe below.
Well, that’s all for today.
If you like these easy chocolate cake mix brownies, you may like some of these other brownie recipes too:
Here are some other cake mix recipes you might also like:
Cake Mix Brownies
- 1 box Devil's Food cake mix
- 1/3 cup Butter, Unsalted, Melted
- 1/3 cup Milk, Whole
- 1 Egg, Large
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips, Semisweet
- 1/3 cup Pretzel sticks, Roughly broken, Optional
- 1 cup Chocolate chips, Semisweet
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- In a mixing bowl, add cake mix powder, butter, milk, egg and mix until just combined. The batter will be thick.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in a greased/floured square pan (Dimensions: 8x2).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until edges are firm. Let it cool down completely.
- While that is cooling, prepare the chocolate ganache by mixing together chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat at 30 second increments, mixing after each cycle until smooth and creamy.
- Pour ganache on top of the brownies and chill in fridge for 3 hours or until ganache sets.
- Toss some pretzels, if you like.
- Cut slices and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Only add pretzels prior to serving or else they will loose their crunch and get soggy.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!