This smooth and creamy mango frosting has a naturally vibrant yellow color. It’s stable and easy to make and pairs wonderfully with vanilla cake/cupcakes.
This easy mango frosting is one of my favorite fruity frostings.
I grew up eating those Asian mangoes and I thought it’s time I bring that tropical mango flavor into a frosting!
This frosting is PERFECT… it’s sweet and has a wonderful FRUITY flavor.
It’s SMOOTH and CREAMY with no mango chunks (Thank God because I can’t stand chunky frostings!)
It has a natural YELLOW color which is beautiful but I added a little yellow gel coloring to ENHANCE the yellow color even more.
I decided to use mango puree in my frosting so as to keep it smooth.
You can make HOMEMADE fresh mango puree for this frosting recipe or you can just use STORE-BOUGHT mango puree… That’s what I did.
I usually buy my cans of mango puree at Indian stores… they are about 3 dollars per can and the puree is nice and SWEET.
If you don’t have access to an Indian store, you can also use those jars of BABY FOOD mango puree.
I used both, SHORTENING and BUTTER in this recipe.
The main reason I do that is because shortening is more STABLE that butter and works great in warmer climates.
I also like to add a little meringue powder to add stability.
Ohhh! I highly recommend using a wonderful mango extract by Bakto Flavors, which really enhances the FLAVOR and FRAGRANCE of this mango frosting!
Use this frosting to ice your cakes and cupcakes. Store leftover frosting in the fridge for 1 week.
By the way, this mango frosting pairs beautifully with my vanilla cupcakes… Yum!
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked this mango frosting recipe, you might also like some of these other frosting recipes…
- ½ cup Butter
- 1 cup Shortening
- ¾ cup Mango puree
- 5- 6 cups Sugar Powdered
- 1 tsp Mango extract I get mine from Bakto Flavors
- Yellow gel coloring optional
- 1 tsp Meringue powder for stability but this is also optional
- In a mixing bowl, add butter and shortening and mix until there are no lumps.
- Add mango puree and mango extract and mix until everything is just combined.
Slowly, add powdered sugar and meringue powder and continue mixing until everything is incorporated and you have a smooth mixture. Enjoy!
– If the consistency of your icing is too thin, add some more powdered sugar (1/4 cup at a time) to thicken it.
– If the consistency of your icing is too thick, add some more mango puree (1 tbsp at a time) to thin it out.
– This frosting is enough for filling and icing one 8×2 cake or 24 cupcakes.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!