Quick and easy vegan chocolate cupcakes, ready in less than 30 minutes, requiring simple ingredients. These eggless chocolate cupcakes are soft and moist.
This VEGAN chocolate cupcakes recipe has been a work in progress for a couple of years now.
I usually have the WORST luck when it comes to baking without butter and eggs but after many requests, I finally have the PERFECT recipe to share with all of you.
These cupcakes are soft, tender, light and airy.
No one can even tell they are vegan and have NO eggs and NO butter!
Even if you don’t follow a vegan diet, you have to try these dairy free cupcakes and prepare to be blown away!
This vegan cupcake recipe is:
- Ready in less than 30 minutes
- Requires simple ingredients
- Eggless and dairy free
- You can use vegetable oil, corn oil or canola oil. They all yield the SAME results. I have also made these vegan chocolate cupcakes with coconut oil but that changed the texture of these cupcakes dramatically! They became denser and had somewhat of a brownie texture. They still tasted very good but I like the original version much better.
- Either white vinegar or apple cider vinegar can be used in this vegan cupcake recipe. They BOTH worked really well.
- Since I use all-purpose flour, this is NOT a vegan vegan gluten free chocolate cupcakes recipes. Do not replace all-purpose flour with any other flour since the texture will change and I really can’t guarantee the results without having tried it myself.
- You can make these vegan chocolate cupcakes with coconut milk, soy milk or almond milk.
- I like to add a little espresso powder in this recipe, resulting in vegan chocolate cupcakes with coffee. It is OPTIONAL but it enhances the chocolate flavor even further.
- DO NOT over-mix the batter because that will yield tough cupcakes.
- DO NOT over-bake these cupcakes because that will make them dry and crumbly.
- CONTROL the urge to start eating these when they are hot and fresh out of the oven. They will be very soft and fragile and break apart easily but don’t worry! Let them cool down to room temperature and get ready to be blown away by all that deliciousness!
- You can pair these cupcakes with various frostings. How about vegan chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting? Or just spread peanut butter on top of each cupcake, if you are short on time. They are so good!
- If you make thin chocolate ganache with coconut cream, you can use that as a vegan chocolate glaze for these cupcakes.
- My healthy coconut cream chocolate frosting makes the BEST vegan chocolate frosting for cupcakes/ vegan chocolate icing for cupcakes, especially these ones!
- Use my cream cheese frosting to make vegan chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
- You can also pair these cupcakes with with seedless strawberry frosting, which adds a very nice fruity flavor to compliment the rich chocolate flavor in these cupcakes.
- If you want to make vegan chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting, use my classic American buttercream frosting recipe.
- Many people ask if they can halve my cupcake recipes. In some recipes, you can do that without a problem but I DON’T recommend halving this recipe to make vegan cupcake recipe for two. It’s just too difficult to half all the ingredients in this recipe.
- Leftovers can be STORED in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- These cupcakes can also be FROZEN in a sealed freezer bag for up to 1 month (unfrosted).
How to make vegan chocolate cupcakes?
Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup Soy milk almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup Oil
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Espresso powder optional
- Vegan coconut cream chocolate frosting
- In a mixing bowl, add milk and vinegar. Mix with a spoon and and set aside for 3-5 minutes until it curdles.
- Now, add sugar, oil and vanilla extract into that bowl and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and espresso powder.
- Dump this dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners and bake at 350 degrees for about 18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Once the cupcakes cool down completely, frost each of them with coconut cream frosting.
Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!