Healthy Chocolate Avocado Cookies
These easy and healthy chocolate avocado cookies are pillowy soft, rich and fudgy. Fill them with creamy frosting and transform them into cookie sandwiches.
Today, I am sharing the recipe for these “healthier” chocolate avocado cookies with you!
They are great for VEGANS since they are made with NO butter, NO milk and NO eggs.
These cookies are very RICH and FUDGY and pillowy SOFT.
You kinda feel like you are eating a bite sized BROWNIE!
I also tried making these avocado cookies with COCONUT SUGAR, which is a healthier alternative to granulated or brown sugar. They tasted great but their shape was a little different.
People ASSUME that since I make cakes, cupcakes and frostings all day, I am probably eating unhealthy stuff and weight a 1000 pounds…lol.
I will be HONEST… I enjoy eating cakes and cupcakes with icing because they taste so darn GOOD but, I also make a lot of HEALTHY baked treats for me and my family.
I love baking with AVOCADOS because they add so much RICHNESS and MOISTURE to my treats and they are so good for you as well.
A couple of years ago, I made this Avocado marble cake and it’s the softest, moistest cake ever!
Here are some of my most common healthy replacements in baking:
- Replacing eggs with flax seeds or applesauce.
- Replacing full fat milk or heavy cream with almond milk, coconut milk or soy milk because they are lower in calories and more nutritious.
- Replacing butter and margarine with coconut oil or olive oil or even mashed avocados.
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked this recipe, you may also like some of these other cookie recipes:
Avocado chocolate chip cookies
Peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookies
Healthy Chocolate Avocado Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Avocado, Mashed
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Milk, 2%, soy, almond, coconut
- 1/2 cup Semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Mini chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 cups Whipped coconut cream , Colored yellow
- In a mixing bowl, add coconut oil, mashed avocado, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until everything is creamy and smooth.
- Add milk and mix again.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Dump the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix everything until just combined.
- Stir in regular semisweet chocolate chips.
- Scoop out tablespoons of the dough and roll them into small balls and flatten them slightly. Place them on a cookie tray lined with wax paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- When these cookies come out of the oven, press a few mini chocolate chips on top of each cookie.
- You can enjoy these cookies as is but, if you want to make cookie sandwiches, allow these cookies to cool down. Then, take one cookie and flip it and fill it with frosting. Place another cookie on top of it and enjoy!
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- You can easily replace the granulated and brown sugar in this recipe with coconut sugar, which is a healthier option.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!
These look so interesting and SO good! I love healthier alternatives so I”m definitely going to have to try these 🙂
I don’t make a lot of healthy treats, as you can probably tell from my blog….lol BUT these cookies were superb even though they had no butter! I hope you like them 😀
I don’t bake much because I am trying to eat healthy. I didn’t even know you could bake with avocado, so this is great!
Using avocado in cookies is such an awesome idea! I need to make a batch!