Quick and easy peanut butter and jelly cookies recipe is filled with strawberry jam. Sweet and salty, crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside.
These peanut butter and jelly cookies are inspired by the classic sandwich that we all grew up eating. They are just as good as my Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Soft & Chewy) and these Easy Peanut Butter Blossoms.
These jelly filled peanut butter cookies have all the flavors of your favorite sandwich. One of the great things about these peanut butter thumbprints is that you can fill them with anything you like. I filled them with homemade strawberry jam but you can use grape jelly too.
How do you make peanut butter and jelly cookies?
- Cream together butter, peanut butter, sugar.
- Mix in egg and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda.
- Dump dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Chill dough.
- Scoop out small portions of the dough and roll them in chopped nuts.
- Place them on a cookie tray and indent the center with your thumb.
- Bake and fill them with jelly and you are done.
You can fill these peanut butter jelly cookies with:
- Melted white or dark chocolate
- Peanut butter
- Biscoff (Cookie butter)
- Various flavors of jams and preserves
These peanut butter and jelly thumbprints are:
- Sweet and salty
- Easy to make with simple basic ingredients from your pantry
- Fun to make with kids
- Packed with immense peanut flavor
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich cookies
Instead of thumbprints, you can make regular simple round peanut butter cookies and fill them with peanut butter and jam/jelly to make sandwiches.
Peanut butter jelly cookie bars
Spread the dough in a rectangle cake pan. Bake and let it cool. Then, top it off with a layer of peanut butter and jelly swirled into it. Cut square slices and enjoy.
Other peanut butter recipes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies
- ¾ cup Peanut butter Creamy
- ½ cup Butter Unsalted, Room temperature
- ⅓ cup Brown sugar
- ⅓ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Egg Large
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups All-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 cup Mixed nuts Roughly chopped, For rolling cookie dough balls
- 1 cup Strawberry jam Or your favorite jelly
- In a mixing bowl, cream together peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until batter is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Dump dry mixture into wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop out small portions of the dough and make little balls. Roll them in a bowl of chopped nuts. Place them on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper. Make an indentation on each cookie with your thumb or the back of round measuring spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees foR 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown along the edges.
- Re-make the indentations in the center of each cookies with the back of a round measuring spoon before the cookies have a chance to fully cool down.
- When the cookies cool down completely, heat jam in a saucepan and spoon it into each cookie. Enjoy!
- You can also use this recipe to make simple peanut butter cookies. Just omit the nuts and jam and don't make any indentations.
- Store leftovers in a cookie jar or plastic container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!