These sweet and salty easy peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookies are filled with strawberry jam. They are crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside.
These peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookies are inspired by the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich that we all grew up on.
These cookies have all the FLAVORS of your favorite sandwich in cookie form, which is just INCREDIBLE!
One of the GREAT things about these peanut butter thumbprints is that you can fill them with anything you like.
I filled the center with my HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY JAM.
The sweetness and tartness from the jam complimented the peanut butter flavor perfectly!
You can FILL these peanut butter and jelly thumbprint cookies with:
BUY NOW FOR $9.99
- Melted white or dark chocolate
- Peanut butter
- Biscoff (cookie butter)
- Various flavors of jams and preserves
You can also omit all fillings and just enjoy simple peanut butter cookies.
That sounds pretty BORING though… Right? lol.
I also like to roll these cookies in crushed salted nuts.
I am obsessed with that SWEET and SALTY flavor combination!
In the past, I have also ROLLED these peanut butter and jelly cookies in sanding sugar and cinnamon sugar and they both tasted fantastic.
Overall, these peanut butter and jelly thumbprints are:
- Sweet and salty
- Easy to make with simple basic ingredients from your pantry
- Fun to make with kids
- Packed with peanut butter flavor
If you liked this recipe, you may also like some of these other peanut butter recipes…
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups mixed nuts, chopped (for rolling cookie dough balls)
- 1 cup homemade strawberry jam
- In a mixing bowl, cream together peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until batter is smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Dump dry mixture into wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop out small portions of the dough and make little balls. Roll them in a bowl of chopped nuts. Place them on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper. Make an indentation on each cookie with your thumb or the back of round measuring spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees foR 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown along the edges.
- Re-make the indentations in the center of each cookies with the back of a round measuring spoon before the cookies have a chance to fully cool down.
- When the cookies cool down completely, heat jam in a saucepan and spoon it into each cookie.
- You can also use this recipe to make simple peanut butter cookies. Just omit the nuts and jam and don't make any indentations.
- Store leftovers in a cookie jar or plastic container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!