Easy Honey Glazed Carrots Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy glazed carrots recipe, also known as candied carrots that is made with simple ingredients and ready in 30 minutes. A classic side dish!
I am all for side dishes and these easy honey glazed carrots always get me excited at meal time.
I have tried a variety of recipes including canned glazed carrot, roasted glazed carrots and even baked glazed carrots but this stovetop version is my FAVORITE.
These glazed baby carrots are a perfect side dish for dinner parties on Thanksgiving, Passover, Christmas, Easter e.t.c.
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
Here are some TIPS for making the BEST glazed carrots:
- You must use UNSALTED butter since the salted one makes this recipe very salty.
- DON’T replace butter with oil or shortening because the result will just not be the same. Butter adds so much richness.
- You can ADJUST the level of sweetness based on your preference. I used both, brown sugar and honey because I like them sweet.
- Water can be replaced with low sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth for an enhanced flavor.
- You can add garnish or omit altogether. Some garnish options include: dried or fresh dill, rosemary, thyme, basil, cilantro.
- The carrots should have a light crunch to them. Please DON’T cook for so long that they become steamed and super soft.
Here are some flavor VARIATIONS you can try:
- To make orange glazed carrots, add 1 tsp fresh orange zest and replace water with orange juice.
- To make maple glazed carrots, replace honey with maple syrup.
- For a little crunch, stir in 2-3 tbsp chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds at the very end.
- For a little spice, add 1/4 tsp paprika, 1/8 tsp chili powder and 3-4 slices of jalapenos or green chilies.
How do you make honey glazed carrots? How do you make candied carrots or caramelized carrots?
The process is very SIMPLE. Start off by heating butter in a non-stick pan. Then, add baby carrots, salt, pepper, brown sugar, honey, water or broth. Cover and cook for a few minutes. Then, uncover and cook until water evaporates . Garnish with dill and enjoy!
How to thicken glazed carrots?
Continue to cook for longer without the lid on medium high heat until excess water is reduced or evaporated.
What goes with glazed carrots?
- Grilled chicken
- Baked chicken
- Pork chops
- Pot roast
Can glazed carrots be made ahead?
Yes, they can me made 1 day in advance. Just store them in a sealed container in the fridge and reheat on the stovetop or microwave with a splash of water, prior to serving.
How to store glazed carrots?
Once they cool down, they can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 day. I don’t recommend freezing them since they don’t taste great after thawing.
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked this recipe for glazed carrots, you may like some of these other side recipes too…
Easy Glazed Carrots Recipe
- 2 Butter Unsalted
- 16 oz Baby carrots E.g. 1 regular sized bag
- 1 1/2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/2 cup Water Or Broth
- 4 Jalapeno slices Optional
- 1/2 tsp Dill For garnish, Optional
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan.
- Add baby carrots, brown sugar, honey, salt, pepper, water and mix everything together.
- Cover and cook for about 6-7 minutes.
- Then, uncover and add jalapenos (optional) and mix.
- Continue to cook without the lid for an additional 6-7 minutes or until the water evaporates. Enjoy!
Until next time, tata my lovelies!