Easy Dinosaur Cupcakes
Use this step by step tutorial to make quick and easy dinosaur cupcakes out of marshmallow fondant. Great for dinosaur birthday parties for kids.
Well, I am about to break all norms and share these easy edible dinosaur cupcake toppers that have nothing to do with Fall or Thanksgiving.
I swear everywhere I look, either I am seeing pumpkin recipes or apple crafts or Thanksgiving meals. However, today, I am sharing these easy dinosaur cupcakes because I feel like it and they are really cute and I don’t want to wait any longer to share them.
I will be sharing a dinosaur cupcake cake tutorial very soon too.
Anyways, have you ever watched that cartoon “Dragon Tales?” I think it’s from the late 90’s.
My son has been obsessed with dinosaurs and dragons lately and watches that show ALL the time on Netflix.
I tried making the two headed dragon in the show out of fondant but it didn’t work out.
My little munchkin kept saying: “They don’t look like that Mommy!” LOL.
So, I gave up and made him cute little dinosaur cupcake toppers instead and he was very pleased with them.
These dino toppers are made out of homemade marshmallow fondant.
I used purple and orange colors since they go so well together but you can use whatever colors you like.
You can also use the same tutorial to make a bigger edible dinosaur figure for a cake instead of cupcakes.
More Cute Kids Desserts
How to make dinosaur cupcakes?
Ingredients & Supplies
- Orange marshmallow fondant (or any color you like)
- Purple fondant (or any color you like)
- Best chocolate cupcakes
- Green buttercream icing
- Tip # 233
- Black edible marker
- Flower candies
- Make a ball shape out of orange fondant.
- Use your fingers to mold it into this weird shape.
- Use a knife/pizza cutter to make a little cut along the side for the mouth.
- Cut out a thin rectangular strip of purple fondant. Cut out a zig-zag pattern, using a knife.
- Stick this zig zag piece on top of the dino’s body with some water.
- Draw eyes with a black edible marker.
- Roll out four really small balls of orange fondant and flatten them into a slight oval shape.
- Stick these along the sides of the dino’s body with some water.
- Let the dinosaur topper dry overnight.
- Then, prepare your chocolate cupcakes, frost them in green icing with Tip#233 and place the dino in the center and stick a few flower candies on the grass and you are done!
Until next time, tata my lovelies!