The best, classic, quick and easy no bake chocolate peanut butter pie recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. A graham cracker cookie crust, filled with rich, smooth and creamy chocolate peanut butter pudding.
This dessert is also called a chocolate pudding peanut butter pie or chocolate peanut butter cream pie. This is one of those delicious pies that can be enjoyed all year and not just Fall, just like this Easy French Silk Pie.
Peanut butter and chocolate, individually, both have strong flavors but they also compliment each other very well. This pie feels like you are eating a Reese's candy cup in pie form and no wonder, it's so decadent.
Also, since it's no bake, you don't have to turn on the oven, making it a perfect Summer pie for picnics and parties. Moreover, I prefer no bake pies liked this over baked ones because it's impossible to go wrong with them and they are seriously dummy-proof.
How to make chocolate peanut butter pie recipe?
- Prepare graham cracker pie crust.
- Prepare filling by mixing together chocolate pudding mix, milk, peanut butter, whipped cream.
- Spread filling in crust.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings.
- Try a different flavored pie crust- Use an Oreo Pie Crust (No Bake) or a pretzel crust or even coconut crust.
- Pie topping options- I used chocolate shavings but you can use mini chocolate chips or peanut butter chips, chopped peanuts, shredded coconut, chopped up Reese's peanut butter cups or other chocolate bars, Homemade Whipped Cream. Prior to serving, you can also drizzle melted peanut butter or Nutella Syrup or chocolate fudge sauce or Homemade Caramel Sauce or even Homemade Dulce De Leche.
Tips and Techniques
- Use full fat ingredients– Because they make desserts rich and creamy. This is especially with regards to Cool Whip, milk and pudding mix.
Save time– By using a pre-made pie crust. You can find it in the baking aisle at most grocery stores.
- Creamy peanut butter vs. Chunky peanut butter- I highly recommend using creamy version because it yields the best overall consistency and texture.
- How long to chill no bake pie? It should be chilled until the filling is firm, making it easy to cut slices. Overnight is best but chill for at least 3-4 hours.
- Cool Whip substitute- Homemade whipped cream is a good alternative but I do believe that Cool Whip helps hold the pie filling together much better and firmly.
- Adjust amount of peanut butter- I used ¾ cup but you can use ½ cup, if you want a milder and lighter peanut taste.
- Serve a large crowd– Double or even triple the pudding filling recipe to make more pies, if you have a lot of guests coming over.
More No Bake Pie and Tart Recipes
More Peanut Butter Recipes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Soft and Chewy)
- Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe (3 Ingredients)
- Easy Peanut Butter Blossoms Recipe
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- In a large mixing bowl, add pudding mix and milk until combined.
- Then, add peanut butter and mix until smooth. Mixture will be super thick but that's okay.
- Fold in Cool Whip until smooth and creamy.
- Spread pudding mixture evenly in a prepared pie crust.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top.
- Chill overnight or until mixture sets. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!