Chicken Shish Kabob Recipe
Quick and easy chicken shish kabob recipe made in the oven or grill with simple ingredients. These healthy marinated shish kabobs are an easy dinner idea.
This delicious chicken shish kabob recipe was one of the first recipes I learnt from my Grandma.
She has numerous grilled chicken skewer recipes but this one is my FAVORITE, hands down!
I like to use only onions in my MARINATED chicken kabobs.
However, you can make chicken shish kabob with vegetables of your choice such as:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green peppers
How do you make chicken kabobs? How do I make chicken kebabs?
The process is very SIMPLE. Start off by making as easy chicken shish kabob marinade by mixing together olive oil, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, paprika, red chili flakes and pepper. Add the chicken and mix. Then, cover and marinate for a few hours. Thread the chicken pieces and vegetable slices through metal skewers. Grill until chicken is cooked through and enjoy!
What goes with chicken shish kabobs?
Here are a few sides dishes for kabobs:
- Rice (mildly flavored with butter)
- Couscous (mildly flavored so it doesn’t overpower the kabob flavor)
- Pita bread and hummus
What is chicken shish kebab?
It’s marinated chicken that’s threaded through skewers alternating with some vegetables and then grilled.
How do you grill shish kabobs?
Preheat the grill for high heat. Spray a thin coating of oil on grill grates. Then, place the skewers on the grill, leaving 1-2 inch space between each skewer. Cook for about 18-20 minutes, making sure to turn all the skewers halfway though. Brush reserved marinade frequently to keep the kabobs moist.
How long do you cook kabobs?
The chicken shish kabob grill time can vary depending on what type of grill and oven you have and also personal preference.
- Instructions for chicken shish kabob in grill: Cook on high heat, 10 minutes on one side and 10 minutes on the other side.
- Instructions for shish kabob in oven: Bake at 450 degrees, 15 minutes on one side and 15 minutes on the other side in the center rack.
Here are some TIPS for these chicken shish kabobs:
- Marinate chicken for a MINIMUM of 30 minutes and a MAXIMUM of 24 hours.
- The LONGER you marinate, the deeper and stronger the flavor and the SHORTER you marinate, the milder the flavor.
- If you make small skewers, they would the perfect as bite sized appetizers for parties.
- Use low sodium soy sauce because the original one makes the marinade very salty.
- You can garnish with chopped basil, cilantro, green onions or even chives.
- If you don’t have lemon juice, vinegar can be used instead.
- Adjust the amount of paprika and red chili flakes, based on your spice preference.
- You can make shish kabob in oven or grill.
- LEFTOVER chicken kabobs are great on a salad and sandwiches for lunch, the next day.
Well, that’s all for today.
Now, I know there are many shish kabob recipes out there but please try this one. You won’t be dissapointed
If you liked this recipe, you may like some of these other easy chicken dinner recipe ideas:
Chicken Shish Kabob Recipe
- In a big bowl, mix together olive oil, honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, paprika, red chili flakes (optional) and pepper.
- Add the chicken cubes in this marinade and mix it together thoroughly.
- Cover bowl with saran wrap and marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes to a maximum of 24 hours.
- Thread chicken and onions alternately through a metal skewer.
- Grill for about 10 minutes on one side and 10 minutes on the other side, brushing with leftover marinade frequently to keep the chicken moist. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftover grilled chicken kabobs can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!