This quick and easy fresh pineapple smoothie recipe is made with yogurt, milk and frozen pineapples. It’s a tropical healthy breakfast smoothie or snack.
Since it was 70 degrees in the middle of Winter (YAY!), I thought it was time to start enjoying my fresh pineapple smoothie.
My sister calls this the ALOHA pineapple smoothie since it has tropical flavors and a beautiful yellow color just like Hawaii’s sunshine…hehe.
Most tropical smoothies include bananas and I think that overpowers the pineapple flavor.
So, I developed a recipe for pineapple smoothie without bananas that is THICK and CREAMY and super refreshing.
I use this tropical smoothie:
- as a post work out snack
- as breakfast
- to lose weight (it was my favorite smoothie when I was losing all that pregnancy weight!)
Here are some TIPS for making the perfect HEALTHY pineapple smoothie:
- You must use a HIGH QUALITY blender since you would be crushing hard ice pieces and frozen pineapple pieces.
- Make this smoothie with greek yogurt since it’s thick and has a better flavor and texture than regular yogurt. You can even use vanilla yogurt to add a little more flavor.
- I highly recommend making this pineapple smoothie with FROZEN pineapple pieces. That’s because this is what helps maintain the thick consistency of this smoothie.
- DON’T use canned pineapples. Their flavor is just not as fresh or good enough.
- This pineapple yogurt smoothie tastes best when served IMMEDIATELY.
Here are some flavor variations and questions/answers about this recipe:
How to make homemade pineapple smoothie recipe?
The process is very simple. Dump all the ingredients in a blender and mix everything together until you have a silky smooth mixture. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
What is in a pineapple smoothie?
Everyone has different ingredients they like to use. The most common ingredients seem to be pineapples, yogurt, milk and bananas. My recipe is true to its name and made without bananas and without orange juice. So, you only taste wonderful delicious pineapples in each sip!
How to make pineapple strawberry smoothie?
Add 1/3 cup frozen strawberries and 1-2 more ice cubes into the mixture.
How to make pineapple coconut smoothie?
Use coconut milk. You can even mix in 1 tbsp toasted desiccated coconut in the mixture although it does make the smoothie a little chunky but still very tasty.
How to make pineapple smoothie with milk?
My recipe uses milk. Any type of milk would work. I usually make mine with almond milk.
How to make pineapple smoothie with spinach/ kale?
Add 1/3 cup fresh spinach OR fresh kale in the mixture. Don’t use both together! You will definitely need to add some honey to sweeten it a bit. Quite frankly, I am not too fond of this version but I make it once in a while when I am trying to increase my veggie intake.
How to make pineapple smoothie with ginger?
Add 1 tsp freshly ground ginger in the mixture. This works really well in helping you recover from a cold quickly. My mom would make this for me when I was little.
How to make mango pineapple smoothie?
Add 1/3 cup frozen mango pieces and 1-2 more ice cubes into the mixture.
How to make pineapple smoothie with ice cream?
You can replace yogurt with semi-thawed ice cream.
How to make banana pineapple smoothie/pineapple and banana smoothie?
Add 1 banana and 1-2 more ice cubes in the mixture.
How to make orange pineapple smoothie?
Replace milk with orange juice.
How to make blueberry pineapple smoothie?
Add 1/3 cup frozen blueberries and 1-2 more ice cubes in the mixture. You will end up with a pretty “purple-ish” colored smoothie.
If you liked this recipe, you may like some of these other smoothie recipes too:
If you like pineapples, you should also check out my pineapple upside down cake recipe… It’s the BEST!
- 1 cup frozen pineapple pieces
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup milk
- 4 ice cubes
- 1-2 tsp honey (optional)
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and mix until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!