This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This quick and easy fresh pineapple smoothie recipe is made with yogurt, milk and frozen pineapples. It’s a tropical healthy breakfast smoothie or snack.
My sister calls this simple pineapple smoothie an “ALOHA pineapple smoothie” since it has tropical flavors and a beautiful yellow color just like Hawaii’s sunshine. It’s just as good as my Orange Banana Mango Smoothie and my Raspberry Banana Smoothie. All of these smoothies are rich and creamy and super refreshing.
Mango pineapple smoothie
Another delicious flavor variation of this basic recipe. Use 1/2 up frozen mango slices and 1/2 cup frozen pineapple slices.
Strawberry pineapple smoothie
Add 1/3 cup frozen strawberries and 1-2 more ice cubes into the mixture.
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
Pineapple banana smoothie/ Banana pineapple smoothie
Add 1 banana and 2-3 more ice cubes in the mixture.
Pineapple spinach smoothie/ Kale pineapple smoothie
Add 1/3 cup fresh spinach OR fresh kale in the mixture. Don’t use both together! You will definitely need to add some honey to sweeten it a bit. Quite frankly, I am not too fond of this version but I make it once in a while when I am trying to increase my veggie intake.
Pineapple orange smoothie
Replace milk with orange juice.
Blueberry pineapple smoothie
Add 1/3 cup frozen blueberries and 1-2 more ice cubes in the mixture. You will end up with a pretty “purple” colored smoothie.
Pineapple coconut smoothie
Use coconut milk. You can even mix in 1 tbsp toasted desiccated coconut in the mixture although it does make the smoothie a little chunky but still very tasty.
Uses of this smoothie
- Perfect for a post work out snack
- Great as breakfast on the go
- Awesome for losing weight (it was my favorite smoothie when I was losing all that pregnancy weight!)
How to make a pineapple smoothie recipe?
The process is very simple. Dump all the ingredients in a blender and mix everything together until you have a silky smooth mixture. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
What is in a homemade pineapple smoothie?
Everyone has different ingredients they like to use. The most common ingredients seem to be pineapples, yogurt, milk and bananas. My recipe is true to its name and made without bananas and without orange juice. So, you only taste wonderful delicious pineapples in each sip!
What other fruit goes well with pineapple?
- Passion fruit
Can you blend pineapple?
Yes. Just use a strong blender and you can blend it until smooth.
How to make pineapple smoothie with milk?
My recipe uses milk. Any type of milk would work- soy, almond, whole, 2%, coconut and even a blend of various milks together.
How to make pineapple smoothie with ginger?
Add 1 tsp freshly ground ginger in the mixture. This works really well in helping you recover from a cold quickly. My mom would make this for me when I was little.
How do you make a pineapple smoothie with ice cream?
You can replace yogurt with semi-thawed vanilla ice cream. To keep it a bit healthier, use low fat vanilla ice cream.
Tips for healthy pineapple smoothie recipe
- You must use a high quality blender since you would be crushing hard ice pieces and frozen pineapple pieces.
- Make this smoothie with greek yogurt since it’s thick and has a better flavor and texture than regular yogurt. You can even use vanilla yogurt to add a little more flavor.
- I highly recommend making this pineapple smoothie with frozen pineapple pieces. That’s because this is what helps maintain the thick consistency of this smoothie.
- Don’t use canned pineapples because their flavor is just not as fresh or good enough. Use fresh frozen pineapples.
- This pineapple yogurt smoothie tastes best when served immediately.
Other smoothie recipes
Other Pineapple Recipes
Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup Pineapple slices Frozen
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 4 Ice cubes
- 1 tsp Honey Optional
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and mix until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Adjust the amount of honey, based on your preference.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!