Tropical Mango Oatmeal
Quick and easy mango oatmeal recipe, made with simple ingredients. This healthy breakfast oatmeal is creamy and packed with mango, coconut and cranberries.
As a kid, I REFUSED to eat oatmeal until my Mom made this tropical mango oatmeal for me.
Ever since I can remember, I have LOVED mangoes and other tropical flavors.
Regular oatmeal is so BLAND and tasteless but these mango oats are a great way to start off the day.
I play around with toppings add-ins all the time and you should have FUN with this recipe too.
Even if you are not an oatmeal fan, I bet you will LIKE this!
It’s almost like having DESSERT for breakfast…lol.
Here and some TIPS for making this coconut mango oatmeal:
- Don’t replace milk with water because milk adds creaminess to this oatmeal.
- Don’t replace butter with oil because butter adds a nice flavor and creaminess to this recipe too.
- Instead of cinnamon, you can use 1 tsp vanilla extract to make vanilla mango oatmeal.
- To sweeten this breakfast oatmeal, you can use honey, brown sugar, granulated sugar, maple syrup, molasses or even artificial sweeteners like Splenda.
- If you are using sweetened mango puree, omit all other sweeteners.
- To make overnight mango oatmeal, add all the ingredients in a mason jar or a big breakfast bowl and mix well. Cover with saran wrap and store in the fridge and enjoy in the morning for a quick breakfast.
- To make mango oatmeal smoothie, replace old fashioned oats with quick cooking oats. Add all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- To make baked mango oatmeal, mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and then pour it in an oven-safe dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- To make vegan mango oatmeal, omit butter and use vegan milk like almond milk, soy milk or coconut milk.
- To make banana mango oatmeal, add sliced bananas on top, prior to serving.
Here are some easy oatmeal toppings you can try:
- Dried fruits
- Chopped nuts
- Berries (Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries)
- Chocolate chips
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked this tropical oatmeal recipe, you may like some of these other mango recipes:
Tropical Mango Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup Oats, Old fashioned
- 1/2 cup Milk, Whole, 2%, almond, soy or coconut
- 1/2 cup Mango puree
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar, Optional
- 2 tbsp Coconut, Unsweetened, Finely shredded or desiccated
- 1 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon, Optional
- 2 tbsp Cranberries, Dried
- Place a non-stick saucepan on medium heat.
- Add oats, milk, mango puree, brown sugar, coconut, butter, cinnamon and mix everything together.
- Cook for about 5 minutes or until oats become soft and mixture becomes thick.
- Add more milk or mango puree if you prefer a thinner oatmeal consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and toss some cranberries. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!