Rich and creamy avocado pasta with cherry tomatoes, garlic, corn and spicy jalapenos is a quick and easy weeknight dinner that's ready in 20 minutes.
Most of you already know that I LOVE avocados, which is why this jalapeno avocado pasta is one of my favorite one pot vegetarian meals.
There are many different avocado sauce recipes out there but this one is the BEST and it works great as a dressing and dip too.
It has a SPICY kick from jalapenos and paprika that makes it truly amazing.
I also got creative and made avocado tomato pasta sauce last week, which was weird and not as good as the recipe below. So, don't even bother trying it! lol.
Here are some TIPS for making this avocado pasta:
- Corn must be COOKED before being added into the pasta. You can use canned corn or use those microwave steam corn bags.
- You can make avocado pasta sauce WITHOUT basil and replace that with some other fresh herbs that you like.
- You can make avocado sauce WITHOUT food processor by using a blender instead but it has to be a heavy-duty blender.
- The amount of jalapenos and paprika can be ADJUSTED based on your taste preference.
- Make sure to use RIPS avocados since they are more creamy and have a better flavor.
- You can control the amount of sauce you want in your pasta. If you want very creamy pasta, add a lot.
- Regular tomatoes can be used INSTEAD of cherry tomatoes.
Here are some flavor variations you can try:
- To make avocado chicken pasta, mix in shredded or cubed rotisserie chicken in the pasta.
- To make avocado spinach pasta, add ¼ cup frozen spinach (thawed and drained of excess water) in the avocado sauce and puree that with the other ingredients.
- To make avocado bacon pasta, add cooked bacon bits at the end and mix those into the pasta.
- To make avocado pasta salad (vegan or vegetarian), use macaroni instead of spaghetti and mix that together with the avocado sauce, cherry tomatoes, corn, canned beans and Mozzarealla cheese.
How to make avocado pasta?
Boil spaghetti and keep aside. In a blender or food processor, mix together avocados, jalapenos, fresh basil, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice and olive oil until smooth and creamy. In a serving dish or nonstick pan, mix together the boiled pasta with tomatoes, corn and avocado sauce and you are done.
How do you make avocado sauce?
It's made by mixing together avocados, jalapenos, fresh basil, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.
How do you make avocado dressing?
The avocado sauce can also be used as a dressing on salads. You make it the same way: Mix together avocados, jalapenos, fresh basil, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy.
How do you make chicken in avocado sauce?
Heat oil in a nonstick pan and sear the chicken on both sides with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Add avocado sauce. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Serve with rice and enjoy!
How do I make a dip with avocado?
The avocado sauce can also be used as a dip. Mix together avocados, jalapenos, fresh basil, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor or blender until smooth and creamy. Stir in corn, cherry tomatoes and top it all off with lots of Mexican cheese or stir that into the dip too.
Well, that's all for today.
If you are feeling adventurous, you may like some of these avocado dessert recipes:
Here are some other pasta recipes you may also like:
Jalapeno Avocado Pasta
- Cook pasta, according to package instructions. Drain and keep aside.
- While the pasta is boiling, make the avocado sauce: In a heavy duty blender or food processor, add avocados, basil, garlic, jalapeno, lemon juice, salt, pepper, paprika and oil. Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- In a large nonstick pan, add boiled spaghetti, cherry tomatoes corn and as much or as little avocado sauce as you like.
- Garnish with some basil leaves and jalapenos and sprinkle some mozzarella cheese and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!