These easy strawberry strudels have perfect flaky sugary crispy tops with fruity berry fillings. Great as a Summer snack and ready in just half an hour!
I woke up yesterday morning, CRAVING these easy strawberry strudels that my Aunt makes all the time.
She actually fills them with strawberry and chocolate chips but surprisingly, I was out of chocolate chips.
So, I settled on making SIMPLE and CLASSIC mini strawberry strudels.
I actually had to make TOW batches of these easy strawberry strudels coz hubby finished off the first batch and left me with only one strudel to photograph….LOL!
Can you blame him though?
Just look at that flaky golden brown top and that VIBRANT fruity filling!
You just need THREE ingredients to make these easy strawberry strudels => Store bought puff pastry sheets, strawberry preserves and egg wash!
Actually, you can fill these with ANY favor of preserves you like… apricot, blueberries, raspberries…Mmmmmm!
I highly recommend using high quality strawberry preserves in this recipe and definitely AVOID homemade jams.
Even though I have an amazingly easy homemade strawberry jam recipe, it doesn’t seem to work too well in these strawberry strudels.
The jam oozes out when the strudels are baking and leads to a sticky ugly mess :S
I think preserves are THICKER than jams and maybe that’s why they work better in strudels and other pastries.
- 1 package puff pastry sheets
- 1 cup strawberry preserve
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp water (egg wash)
- ½ cup sanding sugar (optional but highly recommended)
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl to make the egg wash. Keep this aside for now.
- Unroll your pastry sheets and cut them into small rectangle strips.
- Place 1 tbsp of strawberry preserve in the center of the pastry strip.
- Fold one side of the strip on top of the preserve. Brush a little egg wash on top on the strip and then fold the other side of the strip. Press gently so that both the ends stick together. Then, flip this strudel onto a cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
- Use a knife to make two cuts on top of the strudels so that steam can easily escape.
- Brush some egg wash on top of the strudels and sprinkle sanding sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the strudels are puffy and their tops and edges are golden brown.
- And you are done making easy strawberry strudels.
- You can fill these strudels with any flavor of preserves you like as well as chocolate chips, peanut butter and even Nutella.
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked this post, you may like some of these other strawberry recipes too…
Until next time, tata my lovelies!