Chocolate Pudding Pots
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Quick and easy chocolate pudding recipe from scratch with no eggs and thickened with cornstarch. It’s smooth and creamy. Serve them as little flower pots on Earth day or kids Spring parties.
I am obviously a big CAKE ADDICT but I also have a weakness for these chocolate pudding pots that are a perfect Earth Day dessert.
Turns out my little one is quite FOND of this homemade chocolate pudding recipe as well.
I saw these chocolate pudding POTTED PLANTS at a birthday party ages ago and I thought it was the COOLEST thing ever plus my inner botanist loved the idea! You can also find them in Zomppa magzine’s Spring issue.
Ebooks by Cakewhiz
The theme of this issue was “GROWTH” and what better way to show growth than by using plants as an example! Right?
The pudding represents the soil.
The crushed Oreo cookies represent the stones and pebbles.
And the stalks of mint leaves represent the actual plant.
Tips For Quick Chocolate Pudding:
- Thicken with cornstarch. I have made chocolate pudding without cornstarch and it was thickened with egg yolks but to be honest, I found that to be tricky and sometimes I could taste the egg, which was weird. That’s why I think this is the best chocolate pudding recipe ever!
- What milk to use? That choice is up to you. You can use soy, whole, 2%, coconut, almond. I have noticed the higher the fat content in milk, the creamier the pudding texture.
- Limp mint leave. Inserting the mint leaf stalks into the pudding cups just prior to serving prevents them from going limp.
- Use unsalted butter. That’s because salted butter can make the pudding too salty and inedible.
- Pudding thickens more as it cools. Don’t add additional cornstarch just because it doesn’t look thick enough in the saucepan.
How to make chocolate pudding at home?
- Add milk, cocoa powder, sugar in a saucepan.
- Mix and cook on medium high heat until it starts bubbling.
- Dissolve some cornstarch in water and pour that in the saucepan.
- Continue whisking until pudding starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract and butter.
- Pour in cups and chill for a few hours until it sets. Enjoy!
What are the main ingredients in chocolate pudding?
- Cocoa powder
- Vanilla extract
Is chocolate pudding healthy?
It depends on the ingredients that are being used to make the pudding. Sugar is obviously used which is not healthy but I am a firm believer in eating everything in moderation.
Other Fun Desserts for Kids/Earth Day:
Chocolate Pudding Pots
- 4 cups Chocolate pudding
- 5 Stalks Mint leaves
- 1 cup Crushed Oreos
- Start off by preparing my favorite vegan chocolate pudding. You can also use your own recipe or even buy store bought chocolate pudding, if you like.
- Pour the pudding into your clear glasses. Fill about halfway.
- Allow the pudding to cool down for about 15 minutes.
- Then, chop up some Oreos roughly and toss them on top of the chocolate pudding.
- Chill the pudding cups in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until it sets.
- Just before serving, wash and dry your mint leaf stalks.
- Push a few stalks into your pudding cups. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!