Quick and easy white chocolate macadamia nut cookies recipe, made with simple ingredients and ready in 20 minutes. They are classic, soft and chewy!
I am so excited to added these classic white chocolate macadamia nut cookies to my growing collection of white chocolate recipes such as these White Chocolate truffles or this White Chocolate Fudge (2 Ingredients) and even this White Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
These thick and chewy white chocolate macadamia nut cookies from scratch never fail!
There is really no way to go wrong with this recipe. It's simple ingredients and simple instructions. Even kids can help, especially during Christmas holiday baking season. The flavor and texture is perfect and identical to the expensive bakery-style cookies.
What kind of macadamia nuts to use in cookies?
I recommend using roasted nuts because it really enhances the flavor and nutty aroma. You can lightly roast them in the oven or in a pan over the stovetop until golden brown.
How do you make macadamia cookies?
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and eggs.
- Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate.
- Bake and enjoy.
Can you freeze white chocolate macadamia nut cookies?
Yes. Scoop out individual portions of cookie dough and freeze them. When you are ready, remove as many cookie dough portions as you like and bake them in a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper, at 325 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
You can also freeze baked cookies in sealed freezer bags and let them thaw at room temperature for about 1 hour.
White chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies
I used white chocolate chunks but you can also easily use white chocolate chips. Use the best quality possible for the best flavor.
Dark chocolate macadamia nut cookies
Instead of white chocolate, use the same quantity of dark chocolate chips in the recipe below.
Healthy white chocolate macadamia nut cookies
Unfortunately, I don't recommend making any healthy substitutions in this recipe because the flavor and texture can change dramatically. However, you can make a gluten-free version by using Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 flour blend.
Cranberry white chocolate macadamia nut cookies
You can also stir in ½ cup dried cranberries in the cookie dough to give these cookies a subtle fruity flavor and festive Christmas touch.
Coconut white chocolate macadamia nut cookies
Stir in ½ cup shredded coconut to give these cookies a tropical touch and make them even more delicious and chewy.
Tips for best macadamia nut cookies
- Use unsalted butter to prevent cookies from becoming too salty.
- All ingredients must be at room temperature because this allows even and smooth mixing.
- Either white chocolate chips or chunks can be used but buy the best quality you can find, which is usually expensive and totally worth it.
- Cornstarch is required and cannot be omitted because that helps to prevent these cookies from spreading too much while baking.
- Chilling is optional but I usually do it because it prevents these cookies from spreading while baking, ensuring they stay thick.
- Roasting the nuts before mixing them into the dough enhances their nutty flavor and aroma.
Other classic cookie recipes
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Soft and Chewy)
- Best Chocolate Chip Cookies (Soft and Chewy)
- Classic Snickerdoodles Cookies
- Easy Sugar Cookies (Small Batch)
- Classic Spritz Cookies
Best White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract, eggs and mix until smooth.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chunks (or chips) and macadamia nuts.
- Scoop out small portions of the dough with an ice cream scooper and drop them on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes (Optional).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges are firm and golden brown.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a cookie jar in the fridge or at room temperature for 3 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!