Ricotta Cheese Cookies
These easy ricotta cheese cookies are great for cookie exchange, dessert or snack! They are soft and moist on the inside but crispy on the outside!
I LOVEEEE ricotta cheese and I used to think that it can only be used in savory recipes but these ricotta cheese cookies proved me wrong.
It’s the BEST ingredient to use in desserts.
It adds so much MOISTURE and RICHNESS to your baked goods.
A few of you know that I am ALWAYS tweaking my chocolate chip cookie recipe but after adding a bit of ricotta cheese into my recipe, I don’t think I will be changing anything any more…heheh.
These ricotta cheese chocolate chip cookies taste HEAVENLY!
They are sugary and crispy on the outside but insanely soft on the inside.
They are probably the SOFTEST cookies I have ever made!
Normally, I am biased towards crispy cookies but I have made an EXCEPTION here coz these are so darn good….lol!
There’s almost a “CAKEY” feel to them.
I only added chocolate chips in this batch but you try other add-ins like nuts and different flavors of baking chips.
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked these ricotta cheese cookies, you may also like some of these other cookie recipes:
Ricotta Cheese Cookies
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese full fat
- ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- ½ Sugar Granulated+ ½ cup additional granulated sugarfor rolling cookie dough balls
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- 1 Egg Large
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- Add butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and beat everything together.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until just combined.
- Add the ricotta cheese and mix until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Dump this dry flour mixture into the wet mixture and mix everything until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chill the dough for about an hour.
- Now, scoop out tablespoons of the cookie dough and drop them on a tray filled with granulated sugar. Roll them around until they are properly coated.
- Place them on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until edges are slightly crispy and light brown. Enjoy!
- Chill the dough for at least an hour so that it’s easier to handle.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!