Grilled Steak Kabobs Recipe
Quick and easy steak kabobs recipe, made by marinating sirloin pieces in the best steak marinade. These grilled beef kabobs can also be made in oven.
Our BBQ parties just won’t be the same without these grilled steak kabobs.
They are a family FAVORITE and always a hit!
This is my uncle’s recipe and it’s SIMPLE but very flavorful.
Here are some TIPS for making the BEST steak kabobs:
- You must use LOW sodium soy sauce or else the marinade will be very salty.
- Use sirloin steak since it’s truly the BEST cut for kabobs.
- If you are using bamboo sticks instead of metal skewers, make sure to SOAK them in water for 30 minutes so they don’t burn in the grill.
- To make steak and potato kabobs, OMIT the peppers and use baby potatoes instead. Make sure to precook the potatoes in the microwave until they are tender and use those on your skewers.
- Instead of peppers, you also make steak kabobs with mushrooms, zucchini, bacon wrapped potatoes, pineapples, tomatoes and onions.
- You can make steak kabobs in OVEN or GRILL but I personally prefer them on a grill since that yields the best flavor and texture.
- You must MARINATE for at least 1 hour or a maximum of 6 hours. The longer you marinate, the stronger the flavor.
- This marinade for steak kabobs can also be used on vegetables that can then be grilled/roasted.
How do you make kabobs? How do you make shish kebabs?
It’s very SIMPLE. Start off by preparing the “beef shish kabob marinade.” Mix together oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, mustard, ginger, garlic, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Add the steak pieces and marinate for a few hours in the fridge. Then, thread the steak into the skewers, alternating with the vegetables. Grill on medium heat, turning often until fully cooked. Place them on a plate and let them rest for about 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley or even red chili flakes if you like a spicy kick. Enjoy!
How long do you cook beef kabobs on the grill? How long do you cook shish kabobs on the grill?
Grill these beef skewers for 12-15 minutes OR until all the sides of the beef are brown and vegetables are tender.
What kind of beef is used for kabobs? What steak to use for kabobs?
Good quality beef like sirloin steak is best.
How to grill steak kabobs?
Grill on medium heat for 12 -15 minutes. Make sure to turn every 3-4 minutes so everything cooks evenly. Kabobs are ready when they are brown all over and vegetables are tender.
How to make steak kabobs in oven?
To make them in the oven, it’s best to use the broil setting. Place the skewers on a baking tray. Set in the middle rack. Broil on high for about 15 minutes (time can vary depending on how you like your steak). Make sure to turn once so that it cooks evenly. Also, be sure to use a preheated oven.
How to marinate steak kabobs?
Prepare the homemade marinade first, by mixing together these basic ingredients: oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, mustard, ginger, garlic, pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Then, add the steak pieces. Mix everything. Cover and refrigerate between 1 to 6 hours.
What goes with steak kabobs?
Steak kebabs are best served with:
- Pita bread
- Butter rice
- Grilled vegetables
Well, that’s all for today.
If you liked this post, you may like some of these other beef dinner ideas:
Here are some more grilling recipes:
Grilled Steak Kabobs Recipe
Steak Kabobs Marinade
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce, Low sodium
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Ginger, Finely chopped or paste
- 1 tbsp Garlic, Finely chopped or paste
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 pounds Sirloin steak, Cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Onion, Cut into 1 inch pieces (Optional)
- 1 Red bell peppers, Cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Yellow bell peppers, Cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, To taste
- Add the steak pieces into the marinade and mix it together.
- Cover bowl with saran wrap and marinate in fridge for minimum of 1 hour to maximum of 6 hours.
- In another mixing bowl, add onion, red and green bell peppers, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix everything together.
- Assemble the kabobs now: Thread the marinated steak pieces onto metal skewers, alternating with vegetables.
- Grill kabobs over medium heat, turning often so they cook evenly.
- Kabobs are ready in about 12-15 minutes, when all sides of the steak are brown and vegetables are tender.
- Let the kabobs rest for a few minutes and garnish with parsley or cilantro or red chili flakes (for a spicy kick) and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served fresh but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 day.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!