This quick and easy healthy blackberry smoothie recipe is perfect for breakfast or snack! It’s refreshing, rich and creamy and has a beautiful purple color!
*This post for blackberry smoothie may also include affiliate links of products that I use all the time and highly recommend. I may receive a small compensation if you make a purchase.*
Yesterday, I bought the JUICIEST blackberries ever that ended up in this TASTY blackberry smoothie!
I usually START off my day with some type of a smoothie.
Since FRESH berries are finally hitting my local grocery store, I am using them in my smoothies A LOT these days.
Let’s be honest…Those frozen bags of berries are just not the same as fresh berries!
This healthy blackberry smoothie is so FRESH and REFRESHING and really fills you up.
It’s EASY to make with SIMPLE ingredients from your pantry and truly a great way to start off your day.
Also, I am in LOVE with the purplish/pinkish color!
On a side note… little one DOES NOT like blackberries!
Ahhhh! Kids these days!
But, he loved the PRETTY flowers hubby got me!
He loved them so much that he wanted to EAT them….lol.
Here are some TIPS for making PERFECT blackberry smoothie:
- Use FRESH blackberries since they have so much more flavor but if you can’t get your hands on them, frozen blackberries will work well too.
- You can use whatever type of milk you like: soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk or regular cow milk.
- If you want to make vegan blackberry smoothie, make sure to use vegan yogurt and vegan milk.
- You can add a handful of strawberries in this recipe and make a blackberry strawberry smoothie.
- You can add 1 ripe banana in this recipe and make blackberry banana smoothie.
- Add 1 tbsp of protein powder to increase the nutrition in this smoothie.
- I make this blackberry smoothie with yogurt and milk but I have seen some recipes, which call for coconut water and juice. I found the consistency to be too thin and didn’t like it at all.
- I like to use THIS BLENDER all the time. I use it for all my smoothie recipes and even use it to make purees for savory recipes. It’s strong and awesome!
If you liked this blackberry smoothie recipe, you may like some of these other smoothie recipes:
- 1/4 cup Quick cooking oats
- 1 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Blackberries, I also tossed in 2 strawberries
- 1/3 cup Vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup Ice
- 2 tbsp Honey, Optional
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and mix until everything is blended and smooth.
- Add additional milk if you want to thin out the smoothie and mix again. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!