Ice Cream Sandwich Recipe
Classic, homemade, quick and easy ice cream sandwich recipe, made with simple ingredients. Fun to make with kids. Great for birthday parties!
- 2 Eggs Large
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1 box Chocolate cake mix
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Granulated sugar For rolling cookie dough balls, Optional
- 1/2 cup Froot Loops cereal
- 1/2 cup Frosted Mini Wheats cereal Cut them into half
Filling and Decoration
- 3 cups Vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup Froot Loops cereal Roughly crushed
- 1/2 cup Sprinkles
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut
In a large bowl, mix together eggs and oil.
Add cake mix, baking powder and mix until just combined.
Chill dough for 30 minutes so that it's easier to handle.
Scoop out small portions of the dough and make balls.
Roll them in a bowl of sugar and place them on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper.
Push Froot Loops on half the cookies and Frosted Mini Wheats on the other half.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes or until edges are firm.
Allow the cookies to cool down completely.
Then, turn over one cookie and place a scoop of ice cream. Place another cookie on top and press gently to stick it together.
Roll the sides of Froot Loops cookies in crushed cereal and sprinkles. Roll the sides of the Frosted Mini Wheat cookies in shredded coconut. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the freezer for up to 3 days. Let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften slightly and enjoy.
Calories: 981kcal | Carbohydrates: 146g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 852mg | Potassium: 598mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 110g | Vitamin A: 530IU | Vitamin C: 3.5mg | Calcium: 284mg | Iron: 5.4mg