This quick and easy no bake cookies recipe, requiring simple ingredients is a classic. These old fashioned no bake oatmeal cookies have a chewy texture.
Then, cook for for exactly 1 minute, while constantly mixing.
Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter, oats, salt and vanilla extract.
Drop tablespoonfuls on a sheet of wax paper and let the cookies set for 30 minutes or until they harden. Enjoy!
- Read all the questions and answers above.
- Do not substitute any other type of oats. You must use quick cooking oats!
- Remember that if you cook the mixture for too long, the cookies will become dry and crumbly. If you don't cook long enough, the cookies won't hold their shape properly.
- You can use crunchy or creamy coconut butter. It all depends on your preference.
- You can add ¼ cup desiccated or shredded coconut to enhance the chewy texture of these cookies.
- You an add ¼ tsp espresso powder to enhance the chocolate flavor of these cookies even further.