Lemon Glaze For Cake (Lemon Drizzle Icing)
Quick, easy lemon glaze for cake recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. This lemon drizzle icing is full of fresh sour lemon juice, zest, butter, powdered sugar. Dries semi-hard on pound cakes, bundt cakes, cookies, muffins, scones.
- 2 cups Powdered sugar Sifted
- 1 tbsp Butter Salted, Melted
- 2-4 tbsp Lemon juice Freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp Lemon extract
- 2 tsp Lemon zest Can replace half the amount with lime zest for an added flavor
In a large mixing bowl, add sifted powdered sugar, melted butter, lemon juice, lemon extract, lemon zest and whisk it altogether until glaze is smooth and glossy.
Start with 2 tbsp lemon juice and add more to thin out the glaze to your preference. If icing is too thin, mix in some more powdered sugar.
Drizzle it on top of your cool cakes or other baked goods and enjoy.
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days but will have to whisked again, prior to being used.
Calories: 1043kcal | Carbohydrates: 242g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 236g | Vitamin A: 354IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg