Easy Peppermint Cake
Easy Holiday peppermint cake recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Soft and moist vanilla cake is paired with peppermint icing and crushed candy cakes.
- 2 Vanilla cakes This recipe yields two 8x2 round cakes
- 3 cups American buttercream frosting Add 1 tsp peppermint icing to this recipe
- 1-2 tsp Peppermint sugar Made from finely pulsed candy canes
- 1.5 cups Candy canes Crushed
Bake vanilla cakes and allow them to cool completely.
Trim the sides and dome of the cake (if any) with a sharp serrated knife.
Place one cake on a cake stand.
Spread icing on top.
Sprinkle peppermint sugar evenly.
Place the other cake on top of the icing and press gently until the two cakes stick together.
Spread icing all over the cake smoothly.
Sprinkle crushed candy canes all over the cake until it's fully covered. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Please note that moisture from the fridge will make the candy canes sticky.
Calories: 887kcal | Carbohydrates: 181g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 935mg | Potassium: 97mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 124g | Calcium: 254mg | Iron: 2mg