How to Make Pie Crust
Learn how to make easy homemade flaky butter pie crust recipe with 3 simple ingredients. Loaded with butter and flour. It can be made ahead of time and also frozen.
- 1 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Butter Unsalted, Chilled, Diced
- 1/4 cup Water Ice cold, Additional 2-3 tsp water may be needed
In a large mixing bowl, add flour and butter.
Use a fork or pastry cutter to mix the butter into the flour until you have a crumbly mixture.
Add 1/4 cup ice cold water and mix gently with your hands until you have a ball of dough.
If dough is dry, add 1 teaspoon of cold water at a time and mix until you have a ball of dough.
Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or preferably overnight.
Sprinkle flour on your countertop and roll out the dough.
Spread the dough gently on a 9 inch pie dish.
Use your hands to press it evenly along the sides and bottom.
Cut off excess dough along the sides with a knife.
Crimp the edges or decorate with a fork like I did.
Add pie filling and bake according to your pie recipe instructions.
- Read all my tips above.
- This recipe provides a single crust. Double all the ingredients in this recipe to make double pie crust.
- Leftover pie dough can be stored in the fridge, wrapped in saran wrap, for up to 3 days. It can be used to make mini pies or pie crust cookies.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 28mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 473IU | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg