Easy Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Quick and easy sausage stuffed mushrooms recipe, made with simple ingredients and ready in 30 minutes. They are creamy, cheesy bite-sized appetizers.
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger Finely minced
- 2 cloves Garlic Finely minced
- 4 Bratswurst sausages Casing removed
- 4 tbsp Beer Optional
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/4 tsp Red chili flakes Optional
- 24 Button mushrooms
- 1 cup Cream cheese Full fat
- 1/2 cup Heluva Good! French Onion Dip
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese Shredded
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese Shredded
- 1 cup Mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend For topping, Shredded
Remove stems and gills from mushrooms and wipe them clean with a damp paper towel. Keep aside.
Heat oil in a nonstick pan over medium high heat.
Add onion and cook until translucent.
Add ginger and garlic and saute until fragrant (usually 1-2 minutes).
Add crumbled sausage and beer and cook until meat is brown and no longer pink. Drain fat.
Season with salt, pepper and red chili flakes.
Remove from heat and let this cool down.
In a mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, French onion dip, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese.
Mix in cooked sausage.
Stuff each mushroom with this cheese mixture.
Place them on a baking tray, lined with foil paper.
Top off each mushroom with mozzarella/cheddar cheese blend.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes or until cheese on top is fully melted and bubbly.
Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Tastes best when served fresh but leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 day. For best results, it should be reheated in the oven again.
Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 94mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 195IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 0.2mg