Easy Pineapple Rice
Quick and easy pineapple rice recipe made in one pot with simple ingredients. This Thai/ Hawaiian sweet and spicy 30 minute meal has a kick from jalapenos.
- 2 tbsp Oil Or unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Garlic Finely minced
- 1 Jalapeno Finely chopped
- 1 cup Pineapples Crushed
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- 1/4 tsp Red chili flakes Optional
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice Or lime juice
- 1 cup Rice Uncooked, Basmati or Jasmine
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1/3 cup Pineapple juice
- Cilantro Finely chopped, For garnish
In a nonstick pot, heat butter or oil over medium high heat.
Add garlic and jalapenos and saute for about 1 minute.
Add pineapples, salt, pepper, red chili flakes, lemon juice, rice, water, pineapple juice and mix until fully combined.
Cover the pot and reduce to medium heat.
Cook for about 15 minutes or until rice is fully cooked and water is absorbed.
Turn off the heat and remove the lid. Allow the rice to cool down for about 10 minutes.
Fluff it up with a fork.
Garnish with cilantro. Add some more lemon juice on top and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 123mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 0.6mg