Small Batch Peanut Butter Cookies (Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies)
Easy, soft and chewy small batch peanut butter cookies recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Full of chocolate chips and browned butter.
- 2 tbsp Peanut butter Smooth
- 2 tbsp Browned butter Unsalted, Can be replaced with regular softened butter but color of cookies would be lighter
- 2.5 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 Egg yolk From large egg, Don't use whole egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Oats Quick oats, Do not use old fashioned oats
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 3 tbsp Chocolate chips Semisweet, Or chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup Chocolate ganache
- 2 tbsp Pistachios Can be roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Shredded coconut
In a medium-size mixing bowl, add peanut butter, browned butter, brown sugar and cream until lightly and fluffy.
Add egg yolk, vanilla extract and mix until combined.
Add flour, oats, baking soda and mix until just combined. Don't over-mix!
Stir in chocolate chips.
Please note that cookie dough should be a little sticky but if it's too wet, mix in 1 tsp more flour.
Cover and chill dough in fridge for about 20 minutes to make it easier to handle and prevent over-spreading during baking.
Scoop out small portions of the dough to make 5 balls.
Place them on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes OR until edges are firm and cookies are golden brown and centers are slightly soft.
Remove from oven and let them cool in the tray. Stick a few more chocolate chips on top of the warm cookies before they cool for a beautiful appearance.
Optional step: When the cookies cool down completely, spread some chocolate ganache on top of each cookie and toss some pistachios and shredded coconut. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a cookie jar at room temperature for about 3 days.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 2mg