Chocolate Coconut Bars (Macaroon Bars)
Easy no bake chocolate coconut bars recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. These macaroon bars are soft and chewy. Multiple flavor variations included!
Servings: 12 Bars
- 2 cups Shredded coconut Sweetened or unsweetened. I used unsweetened because I don't like these bars too sweet
- 1/3 cup Desiccated Coconut Unsweetened
- 1/2-3/4 cup Coconut oil Melted
- 1/3 cup Honey Or maple syrup
- 2 packets Protein powder Optional
- 1 cup Strawberries Washed, sliced and patted dry
- 2 cups Semisweet chocolate Melted
- 2 tbsp Coconut milk Use canned coconut milk since it's thicker
Add shredded coconut, desiccated coconut, collagen peptides, honey and coconut oil in a deep bowl. Mix everything until you have a sticky mixture.Note: Start with 1/2 cup melted coconut oil and only add more if necessary. Some brands of shredded and desiccated cocounts are very dry and you will need to add more oil to bring this mixture together.
Spread mixture in a square dish (Dimensions: 8x8) that's lined with parchment paper. Press down with your hands so that everything becomes firmly packed together.
Chill in the freezer for 45 minutes or until the coconut mixture hardens.
Mix together melted chocolate and coconut milk.
Pour this this melted chocolate on top of the frozen coconut mixture and spread evenly.
Toss fresh strawberry slices on top and press them gently into the chocolate.
Chill for 20 minutes in refrigerator or until chocolate layer sets.
Then, slice into square pieces and enjoy!
Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin C: 7.6mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1.2mg