Strawberry Coconut Bars
These healthy no bake chocolate strawberry coconut bars are easy to make and perfect for Summer parties and picnics. Multiple recipe variations included!
- 2 cups Coconut Shredded
- ⅓ cup Coconut Desiccated
- ¾ cup Coconut oil
- ⅓ cup Honey
- 2 packets Protein powder Optional
- 1 cup Strawberries Sliced and patted dry
- 1½ cups Chocolate Melted
- 2 tbsp Coconut milk Use canned coconut milk since it's thicker
Add the shredded coconut, desiccated coconut, collagen peptides, honey and coconut oil in a deep bowl. Mix everything until you have a sticky mixture.
Spread the mixture into a dish that's lined with parchment paper. Press down with your hands so that everything becomes firmly packed together.
Chill in the freezer for 45 minutes or until the coconut mixture hardens.
Melt chocolate in the microwave. Add coconut milk and mix (your chocolate mixture will become slightly thicker).
Pour this this melted chocolate on top of the frozen coconut mixture and spread properly.
Toss some strawberry slices on top and press them into the chocolate.
Chill for 20 minutes and slice into square pieces and you are done making strawberry coconut bars. Enjoy!
- Add 1 tsp lime or lemon zest to give these bars an extra zing.
- You can also roll this coconut mixture into balls. Chill them for an hour and dip them in melted chocolate. This way, you will end up with bite sized coconut truffles.
- You can use blueberries, raspberries or even blackberries instead of strawberries.
- You can use maple syrup instead of honey (although it alters the taste a bit).
- If you like, you can put all the ingredients for the coconut bars in the a food processor and that will create a slightly smoother texture.
Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin C: 7.6mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1.2mg