Birthday Cake Truffles (With Cake Mix)
Quick and easy birthday cake truffles recipe, homemade with simple ingredients. Starts off with funfetti cake mix. Loaded with rainbow sprinkles, buttercream frosting and coated in white chocolate.
- 1 box Funfetti cake mix Heat treated
- 1/4 cup All-purpose flour Heat treated
- 1 cup Buttercream frosting
- 1-3 tbsp Milk As needed and only use if necessary
- 1/2 cup Rainbow sprinkles Avoid nonpareils sprinkles that would dye the dough, Use rainbow jimmies or quins
- 2 cups White chocolate chips Melted, For dipping
In a large mixing bowl, add cake mix, powdered sugar, buttercream, milk (if necessary) and mix until combined.
If the dough is too crumbly, mix in more milk.
Add sprinkles and mix with a spatula until evenly distributed.
Chill in fridge for 20-30 minutes to make dough firmer and easy to handle.
Scoop out small portions of the mixture and roll into small balls.
Dip each ball in a bowl of melted chocolate.
Place them on a tray, lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
Toss some sprinkles on top (optional).
Allow the chocolate to set for 15-20 minutes at room temperature. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 144mg | Potassium: 86mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 5IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg