Chewy Coconut Cookies Recipe
Quick and easy coconut cookies recipe, made with simple ingredients. These crispy, chewy coconut cookies with caramel center are great for cookie exchanges.
- 1 cup Butter Unsalted, Room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Granulated sugar
- 1 Egg Large
- 3 tbsp Milk Whole
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Coconut extract
- 2 3/4 cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut Unsweetened
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 cup Granulated sugar For rolling cookie dough balls
- 30 Caramel candies Small, Square ones
In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add egg, milk, vanilla extract, coconut extract and mix until smooth.
Add flour, shredded coconut, baking powder, baking soda and mix until just combined.
Scoop out small portions of the dough and place a caramel in the center and form it into a dough ball.
Roll these dough balls in a bowl of granulated sugar.
Place them on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper.
Chill the trays in the freezer for 20 minutes.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown along the edges. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a cookie jar at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 61mg | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 205IU | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 0.6mg