Jalapeno Pineapple Rice (One Pot)
Quick and easy pineapple rice recipe made in one pot with simple ingredients. This Thai/ Hawaiian sweet and spicy 30 minute meal has a kick from jalapenos.
You guys know I am CRAZY about jalapenos and I love this one pot jalapeno pineapple rice recipe. It’s sweet and spicy and inspired by Mexican, Hawaiian and Thai flavors.
Everything is just tossed in ONE pot, which is awesome!
Now, obviously it is a little SPICY and that’s my favorite part but you can either omit the jalapenos OR reduce the amount of jalapenos OR add some sugar to balance it for your tastebuds.
How to make pineapple rice pilaf?
- Heat butter and saute garlic and jalapenos.
- Add pineapples, salt, pepper, red chili, lemon juice, rice, water, pineapple juice and mix.
- Cover and cook.
- Garnish with cilantro and enjoy.
What to serve with pineapple rice?
Serve it with :
- Stir fried chicken
- Stir fried vegetables
- Stir fried shrimps
- Stir fried beef
The stir fries should have a little bit of sticky sauce to really take the overall meal over the top.
Flavor variations for pineapple rice recipe:
- Pineapple chicken fried recipe: Saute 3/4 cup chicken (cut into small cubes) with the garlic and jalapenos first until golden brown and rest of the steps are the same.
- Pineapple shrimp fried rice: Saute 3/4 cup shrimp with the garlic and jalapenos first until golden brown and rest of the steps are the same.
- Coconut pineapple rice: Add 1/4 cup toasted shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened) in this recipe.
- Pineapple rice bowl: This involves serving a bowl of this Hawaiian pineapple rice with some pan fried vegtables and sweet and spicy chicken, beef or shrimps.
- Vegetarian pineapple fried rice: Add 3/4 cups frozen vegetables of your choice.
- Baked pineapple rice: Use cooked rice and don’t add any additional water. Layer the cooked rice, with crushed pineapples, jalapenos, garlic, salt, pepper, red chili flakes and 1/4 cup unsalted butter. Cover with foil paper and cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Tips for Thai pineapple fried rice recipe:
- Either Basmati rice or jasmine rice can be used. Don’t use any other rice because it does not taste good. I prefer basmati rice.
- I highly RECOMMEND using butter, which adds a lot of flavor.
- Fresh or canned pineapples can be used. I PREFER canned pineapples since it’s quick and easy.
- CRUSHED pineapples work much better in this recipe than compared to sliced or diced pineapples.
- The amount of spice can be ADJUSTED, based on your preference. I like the spicy kick from jalapenos and red chili flakes.
- To cut the spice, you can add some sugar as well.
- De-seed the jalapenos to reduce the spice factor.
- Sprinkle some chopped cashews at the very end to add a little CRUNCH.
Other jalapeno recipes:
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Jalapeno Avocado Pasta
- Jalapeno Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Jalapeno Beef
- Jalapeno Chicken
- Jalapeno Chicken Puffs
Other pineapple recipes:
Easy Pineapple Rice
- 2 tbsp Oil , Or unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Garlic , Finely minced
- 1 Jalapeno, Finely chopped
- 1 cup Pineapples, Crushed
- Salt, To taste
- Pepper , To taste
- 1/4 tsp Red chili flakes, Optional
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice, Or lime juice
- 1 cup Rice, Uncooked, Basmati or Jasmine
- 1.5 cups Water
- 1/3 cup Pineapple juice
- Cilantro, Finely chopped, For garnish
- In a nonstick pot, heat butter or oil over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and jalapenos and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add pineapples, salt, pepper, red chili flakes, lemon juice, rice, water, pineapple juice and mix until fully combined.
- Cover the pot and reduce to medium heat.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until rice is fully cooked and water is absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and remove the lid. Allow the rice to cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Fluff it up with a fork.
- Garnish with cilantro. Add some more lemon juice on top and enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!