Use this step by step tutorial to make easy Snowman cones during Winter or Christmas time. Fun to make with kids at parties!
Winter is here in full force and I made these snowman cones.
They are FUN and so easy to make.
It’s also a great activity to do with KIDS.
Don’t they look so snuggly and warm in their scarf and ear muffs? hehe.
The whole time I was making these, a very SILLY song was going through my head…
My sister and I used to sing it when we were kids…lol.
Do you guys remember it?
I spent most of my childhood in places where the weather used to be very HOT.
So, I never got to see snow until I moved to Canada.
And I still remember how EXCITED I was when I first saw snow.
It was even better than I imagined! hehe
To this day, I look forward to snowfall.
It REMINDS me of all the times my brother, sister and I would run out into the backyard to make a snowman.
We used to have a blast!
Thinking of all the good times INSPIRED me to make these adorable snowman cones!
To make these snowman cones, you will need the following ingredients and supplies:
Chocolate chips (optional)
Ice cream cones
Melted white chocolate
Black edible marker
Round confetti sprinkles
And here are the steps:
Make cake balls (They should be big enough that they can easily rest on top of an ice cream cone).
I also stirred in some chocolate chips when I was making these cake balls. The more chocolate, the better …lol.
– I have a tutorial for making cake balls that should be helpful, if you have never made them before.
– You can also easily use store-bought donut holes or munchkins from Dunkin Donuts.
Dip your cake balls in melted white chocolate until they are fully covered.
If you freeze cake balls for 15-20 minutes, it’s easier to cover them in melted chocolate.
Place these cake balls on wax paper or parchment paper until the chocolate hardens.
Make your cones different sizes so that some of your snowmen are big and some are small.
To do this, I used a regular ice cream cone and then I also used some, where I broke off the top.
Fill your cones with candy for an additional surprise.
Pour some melted chocolate around the outer rims on the cone.
Now, place the cake ball on top of the cone and press gently until it sticks into place.
Use melted chocolate to stick all these features…
– Blue confetti sprinkles for eyes
– Purple confetti sprinkles for the buttons (not shown in this picture)
– Pink confetti sprinkles for the cheeks (not shown in this picture)
– Sour candy strips and orange Reese’s pieces for the head muff
– Sour candy strips for the scarf (use scissors to cut them if you want them smaller or thinner)
– Orange vermicelli sprinkle for the carrot nose
– Red licorice rope for the mouth/smile
You can play around with other candies too.
Place these snowman cones on a tray filled with sparkling sugar and some edible pearls (optional) and you are DONE!
Well, that’s all for today.
Until next time, tata my lovelies!