Hey guys! I am Abeer, a 20-something gal living in Chicago with my wonderful husband and beautiful baby boy though I am originally from Canada. That means I proudly use " eh" in my conversations... lol
I am sure by browsing through my blog, you have realized that I have a sweet tooth...hehe. I LOVE Sweets! Baking them.Eating them.Decorating them. But, decorating is my true passion!
In 2010, I enrolled in the basic cake decorating couse from Wilton just for fun. Little did I know this would give birth to a NEW hobby! I was instantly HOOKED! And pretty soon, I was decorating anything and everything from cakes to cupcakes to cookies. I just couldn't stop...
I started off like any other novice cake decorator, making lopsided cakes, covered in crumbs and bumpy fondant torn along the back. lol.
If you don't believe me, check out this post where I share some of my disastrous cakes... YIKES!
But anyways, after spending countless hours reading cake decorating books and practicing, I have overcome many hurdles and my cakes no longer look like a 2-year old made them...haha.
Needless to say, it's been a challenging journey with lots of ups and downs and I learn something new everyday.
My parents taught me that practice makes perfect and I now agree with that piece of wisdom whole-heartedly. After all, parents know best....right?
I started this blog because I wanted to share my triumphs and failures in the vast world of sugar decorations. I also wanted a place to share all the decorating tips and tricks I was picking up along the way and obviously, I wanted to share many of my family's favorite recipes which are to die for!
Most importantly, I hope what I do here inspires you to make pretty treats for your loved ones
I am always here to help. If you ever want to get in touch, feel free to leave a comment in any of my posts OR email me at email@example.com OR contact me using the form here.
You can also stay in touch by following me on:
Moreover, as of February 2013, you can also find me at CakeJournal which is a FANTASTIC cake decortating blog. I am one of the co-writers there and will be sharing monthly cake decorating tutorials!
Now, just for fun, here are some random tid bits about me (I know you wanna know more about this "cake-obsessed" chick ;)
- I giggle every time my baby boy tries to put his whole hand in his mouth...lol. it just never gets old!
- My wedding anniversary is on Halloween. I know it's crazy but I wouldn't have it any other way
- My favorite color is blue, which explains why half my wardrobe is packed with all shades of blue and polka dots! I LOVE polka dots too.
- I have a Masters in Cellular biology /Botany. I bet ya didn't see this one coming. Most people think my background is in something art-related but I am the most non-artisitic person you will ever meet! I can't even draw a stick person properly...hahah
- I think Pepsi tastes much better than Coca Cola (And no! I don't care what anyone says but they don't taste the same!Lol )
- I hate mayonnaise, ketchup and mustard... Can't stand their smell or taste. So, yes... I eat my burgers with only lettuce
- I am a "choco-holic" but I get nauseous whenever I eat dark chocolate
- I like spicy food and I mean REALLy spicy! Trust me... I can handle the heat
- Tim hortons is the best! Dunkin donuts just doesn't do it for me...lol. Yes! I am a Canadian at heart
Well, I hope you had fun "stalking me." *Cough cough* ... I mean getting to know me better
Sending you lotsa love from my kitchen,