She gave me her directions and they worked like a charm.
By the way, this STRAWBERRY frosting was “finger lickin good”…I can’t wait to share the recipe soon
UPDATE (Apr/24/2013): I have posted the recipe for this strawberry frosting with a full tutorial. You can check it out HERE.
Speaking of frostings, this yellow MANGO frosting was apparently a HUGE hit among all the guests!
This is another recipe I will be sharing soon…
Oh man! I have sooooo many recipes I am dying to share with all of you
It’s surprising how something as simple as cupcake toppers, colorful frostings and colorful liners can take your cupcakes from ORDINARY to EXTRAORDINARY!
Don’t you agree?
We weren’t sure what to give as PARTY FAVORS because most of our family and friends don’t have little kids.
So, giving toys made NO sense.
We made little goodie bags for the FEW kids that came.
But otherwise, everyone got a nicely packaged CUPCAKE!
I don’t think hubby and I could have pulled off this party if it wasn’t for ALL these LISTS!
We had lists for everything (Trust me… EVERYTHING!!!lol) pasted on the fridge…
Yes… we are both obsessed with lists
It helps us MICRO-MANAGE everything…lol.
If you are planning a birthday party, here are a few tips:
- Plan ahead! You never know what trouble you can encounter…
- Get organized.
- Make lists for everything! Dinner, desserts, groceries, chores e.t.c.
- Know the exact number of guests that would be coming. That would help you figure out if a recipe needs to be doubled or tripled.
-Always have extra ingredients on hand. Halfway through decorating my cake, I ran out of green icing. I had to make another batch. Thankfully, I had all the ingredients on hand or else I would have had to make a trip to the grocery store and that would have been such a waste of time.
- Also, always have some extras for everything you have made (e.g. few extra cookies, few extra cupcakes e.t.c. You never know when an accident can occur…)
- Things like cookies, frostings and pretzels can be made a few days beforehand. So, don’t leave those till the last minute.
And finally… Expect the unexpected BUT don’t forget to have fun!
Well, that’s all for today. Take care my lovelies!
Craving for more?
Then, Subscribe to my blog posts and be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter for updates…